AG3

For all things BIONICLE that don't fit into the other forums.

Apr 2 2017, 11:57 PM #2

Im not sure what you mean about G3, do you mean discussing what a third reboot would be like, or more like creating our own third generation story?

I've been thinking about getting back to the story I was working on, now that Im getting to revamping most of my older characters that were apart of it. What I have in mind would not be a G3 storyline, so much as expanding "my" Bionicle universe. Off the top of my head, the introduction might go a bit like this:

"A great island sits between the minds of the great beings, a place where many creatures now call home. The oceans lead to and from many lands, many realms, a place where the stories of great adventures are shared. Sometimes journeys begin, while others come to an end, though every soul has his legend. Now we gather that one more may be told."

The story has mostly been my own, but with bits and pieces I've added from other readers. The story I've told so far follows Kynos, a former matoran from an island with no toa, where the Matoran have to train hard to survive the threats that attack the island. After a run in with one powerful creature, he wakes up in a repair center in a new land, where he discovers he's now a toa, albeit a heavily repaired one.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

Apr 6 2017, 01:02 AM #4

Sounds like everyone's collaborating to make fan created "brand" of Bionicle story, sort of like that fan-made remake of Metroid, but with all new characters in their own side story, instead of simply retelling the original?
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

Apr 12 2017, 12:23 PM #6

I'm game. I've actually got quite a bit of experience at world builiding in general, so if you want the help ...

I general, though, not sure what I could help with.

Also, a thought: we should separate this into two topics, one manned by a person (Ghid, Immy, etc.) who edits one post, or something like that. It's our decisive, 'canonized' version of our G3 fanon. Then, we should have another topic for suggestions and ideas.

I could probably help with MoC'ing, and writing, though the latter would take a bit of time to do.

In general, great idea!
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!

Jun 8 2017, 10:59 PM #7

So, I've re-read this now, and now that summer is here, YAY!!! I can help!

Anyhow, I like your idea about evil hiding away in this part of the island. I feel like we could use that to create some sort of fifth tribe/element of Darkness (or Shadow). Also, as we haven't specified a particular enemy yet, here's another idea: A group of bad guys. This would be similar to say, the Skeksis in the Dark Crystal. They could also have certain abilities, say, to Convert others to their cause, to permeat the air with darkness, and to suck in/blast out light like in a vacuum.

Also, they could even be some form of other-worldly invaders. Just a thought though. Looking forwards to working on this over the summer!
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!