Bionicle In Minecraft

A forum for BIONICLE-related drawings, music and other fan creations.

Bionicle In Minecraft

27 Dec 2012, 03:52 #1

I was just in TWLC to do sore spriting for my new series when a friend of mine was planning to a video including a clip in which video games came to life. I thought, "What would happen if a Bionicle was dumped into the Minecraft Universe. I, of course was a fully-fledged Minecraft player, courtesy of a really nice friend, and at home I came up with new crafting recipes for masks and weapons, and thus the BIONICLE in Minecraft series was born!

THE COMICS:

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Episode 1: The Awakening
Episode 2: The Village of Air
Episode 3: The House

Chapter 2: The Hunt
Episode 4: The Hunt Part 1
Episode 5: The Hunt Part 2
Episode 6: The Hunt Part 3
Episode 7: The Hunt Part 4
Episode 8: The Hunt Finale
Episode 9: The Hunt's Aftermath

Chapter 3: The Ravine/The Errands/The Adventure of Korashui, Umbra, and Photon
Episode 10: Splitting Up
Episode 11: Entering the Ravine
Episode 12: Picking Up Drops
Episode 13: A Quick Conversation
Episode 14: The Discovery
Episode 15: Upgrade
Episode 16: Tricks or Trees
Episode 17: Sybre, Guardian of the Cave
Episode 18: Loganto, God of...Something
Episode 19: Messing with Minds
Episode 20: Rapping Creepers
Episode 21: An Unknown Warrior
Episode 22: Target Confirmed?
Episode 23: Bringing It All Together
Episode 24: The Big Surprise

Chapter 4: Entering The Nether
Episode 25: The Flash
Episode 26: A Strange Structure, A Stranger Prophecy
Episode 27: A-bot-ination
Episode 28: Even Robots Need a Break
Episode 29: Just Got D-real
Episode 30: I Have A Kakama
Episode 31: A Fatal M1stak3
Episode 32: Enigma
Episode 33: Loganto Returns
Episode 34: Nether Montage

Chapter 5: Running the Gauntlet
Episode 35: The Fortress
Episode 36: Quick Flashback
Episode 37: Wither Dragon
Episode 38: Attack From Above
Episode 39: Unity
Episode 40: Twilight Twins
Episode 41: Head to the Head
Episode 42: ShadowSword
Episode 43: Slice and Switch
Episode 44: LightSaber
Episode 45: Gemini Soul
Episode 46: Aftermath
Episode 47: NO! NOT THE WEAKNESS POTION!
Episode 48: Fourth Wall Breaking <---New
Credits:
Sprites: Xanis for the Xanis Sprites, Vaderan for the Vortex Sprites, and Ninja for the Minecraft based sprites for comics 4 and onwards.
I am Arctic, Matoran of Ice.

"If you do as much as waste my time again, then I will crack your head against your own tombstone!"

"...Those Axonians don't sound very nice."
Axon and Jaller - The Chronicles of Jaller

Arctic's Comics

27 Dec 2012, 04:52 #2

Whether or not that Po-Toa's a girl or not, the image has stuck in my head after the fourth panel.

Your facial expressions have improved since I last took note of them. The minecraft guy doesn't really convince me, though.

On a side note, the seed "Mask of Destiny" is really bad on the Xbox Minecraft on the surface. Approximately 80% tundra. There's only one village on the world. The surface-caves look promising, though...
It's not illegal, it's just cheating.

I'm into exam time right now... I'll be checking up frequently, but I don't expect to be posting in the next two weeks or so unless something really catches my eye.

27 Dec 2012, 08:20 #3

That's realy cool ;)

''Golyo after the Great Cataclism!''

30 Dec 2012, 02:57 #4

Takal @ Dec 26 2012, 08:52 PM wrote: Whether or not that Po-Toa's a girl or not, the image has stuck in my head after the fourth panel.

Your facial expressions have improved since I last took note of them. The minecraft guy doesn't really convince me, though.

On a side note, the seed "Mask of Destiny" is really bad on the Xbox Minecraft on the surface. Approximately 80% tundra. There's only one village on the world. The surface-caves look promising, though...
Okay, first of all, Kray is a guy as all Po-Matoran supposedly are. There is a sprite difference for female and male Toas in the Xanis kit, one of the two kits I am using for the series, the other being Vortex and I believe that I've chosen the correct gender.

Second: About the sprites. I used Xanis for the Bionicle characters because I wanted the Bionicles to be a bit bigger and human-like than the Minecraft inhabitants. Xanis uses lots of facial expressions and I used the mouth expressions for all the other characters. Vortex is used for the Minecraft inhabitants like Steve (a.k.a "The Player"). Due to the fact that minecraft are not human-like in appearance, regardless of their texture, I used the Vortex kit due to it being blocky and disregarded the use of eyes from Xanis.

Mask of Destiny is a seed name, eh? I need to check it out. You play Minecraft, too, Takal? Oh, yeah, btw do you want to have a character (PGS) for this series too. I won't be offended if you reject the offer.

Maxthethrax, I noticed that you posted on my old and abandoned series, THE TALE OF BIONICLE, I checked out your application and edited it a little. Can you complete the rest of the updated form and PM it to me? Thanks.

"If you do as much as waste my time again, then I will crack your head against your own tombstone!"

Arctic's Comics

30 Dec 2012, 13:51 #5

It was body language and the way the armour is arranged rather than body shape, Arctic.

Xbox only, unfortunately. I am trying to get the PC version, however.

Also, the seed continues to disappoint me. No Nether fortress, stronghold or, it would seem, mineshafts... From a test yesterday, it looks like the old MoD seed rather than Mask of Destiny one we've been messing around on produces the same map it used to with very minor changes after the last update. While I can't speak for mineshafts, it does have a stronghold and a Nether Fortress (though the Fortress is encased entirely in a huge netherrack column, and it's quite a trek from the portal's spawn). The mountains (Immy and I never went there) of that seed are also pretty spectacular. Anyone on the Xbox version might want to try it out.

Also it doesn't have a ravine infested with spawnkilling spiders. Immy knows what I'm talking about. Stupid eight-legged campers.

I wouldn't say no.

I'm into exam time right now... I'll be checking up frequently, but I don't expect to be posting in the next two weeks or so unless something really catches my eye.

30 Dec 2012, 19:25 #6

Takal @ Dec 30 2012, 05:51 AM wrote: It was body language and the way the armour is arranged rather than body shape, Arctic.

Xbox only, unfortunately. I am trying to get the PC version, however.

Also, the seed continues to disappoint me. No Nether fortress, stronghold or, it would seem, mineshafts... From a test yesterday, it looks like the old MoD seed rather than Mask of Destiny one we've been messing around on produces the same map it used to with very minor changes after the last update. While I can't speak for mineshafts, it does have a stronghold and a Nether Fortress (though the Fortress is encased entirely in a huge netherrack column, and it's quite a trek from the portal's spawn). The mountains (Immy and I never went there) of that seed are also pretty spectacular. Anyone on the Xbox version might want to try it out.

Also it doesn't have a ravine infested with spawnkilling spiders. Immy knows what I'm talking about. Stupid eight-legged campers.

I wouldn't say no.
Ahhh. I'm sorry for misunderstanding what you've said. I thought something else.

I have the PC version, myself, as a Xbox does not inhabit my house.

I still haven't enough time to check that seed out, but I guess I'll try today. I'm working on the third series plotline at the moment and I've been spriting the new characters.

I feel your pain when it comes to spiders....especially when one of them is a spider jockey.

Well, I guess you took up the offer...I think? I'll send you the application by PM anyways.

Arctic's Comics

31 Dec 2012, 15:29 #7

The Xbox version only gets a map-sized world. I'd expect a PC seed would be completely different.

Haven't seen many spider jockeys myself - I think I've killed two and (heroically) hidden from a third. What happened was Immy and I set up base camp in a small room built into a ledge on a surface ravine. I'd been trying to find the map's Nether Fortress for all my potion brewing needs... I kept being killed, so I was just running into the Nether, scouting out an area and being killed within about three minutes max. At one point, I died (drowning in Lava), spawned in the cliff den then was jumped by a spider the moment I left the base, fell into the ravine and landed in a lavafall.

Immy found this very funny for some reason...

01 Jan 2013, 01:04 #8

Takal @ Dec 31 2012, 07:29 AM wrote: The Xbox version only gets a map-sized world. I'd expect a PC seed would be completely different.

Haven't seen many spider jockeys myself - I think I've killed two and (heroically) hidden from a third. What happened was Immy and I set up base camp in a small room built into a ledge on a surface ravine. I'd been trying to find the map's Nether Fortress for all my potion brewing needs... I kept being killed, so I was just running into the Nether, scouting out an area and being killed within about three minutes max. At one point, I died (drowning in Lava), spawned in the cliff den then was jumped by a spider the moment I left the base, fell into the ravine and landed in a lavafall.

Immy found this very funny for some reason...
Once you become a character, I should probably included your spider attack, for I find this somewhat funny as well.

Arctic's Comics

28 Jun 2013, 04:32 #9

The Hunt Part 2
Takal is finally here in the series. And yes, I had to include the spiders.

Arctic's Comics

01 Apr 2014, 02:12 #10

Episode 17: Sybre, Guardian of the Cave

I'm still here. And still making these comics.

Arctic's Comics

22 Jun 2014, 00:52 #11

Hello!
Episode 25: The Flash

Here's an update!
Chapter 4 has begun.

Arctic's Comics

22 Jun 2014, 02:18 #12

I hope they have better luck with the Ghasts than I do, I usually wind up making long tunnels out of netherack just so they never see me.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

25 Jun 2014, 23:16 #13

Adrninistrator @ Jun 21 2014, 06:18 PM wrote: I hope they have better luck with the Ghasts than I do, I usually wind up making long tunnels out of netherack just so they never see me.
They will. Hopefully.

Here's an update.
Episode 26: A Strange Structure, A Stranger Prophecy

Arctic's Comics

15 Aug 2014, 20:54 #14

A new update. Episode 32: Enigma

Arctic's Comics

16 Aug 2014, 23:26 #15

I must have missed a few. This latest one looks well planned out.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

17 Nov 2014, 01:48 #16

Episode 39: Unity

Well the site changed. This is cool. I still haven't abandoned this site yet. This has been my first outlet and has my first fanbase, albeit small.

:D :D :D

Arctic's Comics

30 Nov 2014, 03:14 #17

Episode 40: Twilight Twins
The next comic is here.

Arctic's Comics