Bonaparte Mark 5

Post your BIONICLE MOCs here.

Bonaparte Mark 5

24 Jan 2016, 05:26 #1

Heres my latest tank design in action.

The newest one features a cannon that can adjust along the vertical axis. To make it possible, I had to engineer a telescoping ammo bridge and reservoir for the ammo to travel back and forth between. The cannon itself has a dual ratcheting system that allows it to pull itself up and down when the motor turns one direction, and fire the cannon when it turns in the other.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

11 Feb 2016, 04:59 #2

I think that what impresses me the most is the fact that it can actually shoot.
Honestly, I couldn't care less about what you or anyone else things, I'm just going to kill you becaue you're starting to annoy me.- Xerus, Toa of Shadows

12 Feb 2016, 02:25 #3

Making it shoot is actually not too difficult. Between The LEGO Company's own NXT shooters and Great Ball Contraptions by fans, there's a ton of material to show you how to make a motorized launcher.

Take a look at the other tanks on YouTube too if you haven't already, they have some very impressive designs, especially for cannons.

As far as I know, my designs are the most compact and functional in the self loading class, if you don't count that mine is not autonomous yet.

Also, good to hear from you again Solek.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

12 Feb 2016, 14:23 #4

The mechanisms on these things are always so impressive... If you don't mind giving away when you've borrowed stuff, how many of the systems built into these things are your design, and how many are tweaked versions from what you've seen of other, similar MOCs?
It's not illegal, it's just cheating.

I'm into exam time right now... I'll be checking up frequently, but I don't expect to be posting in the next two weeks or so unless something really catches my eye.