Dallior, the Small Mafia Boss

Post your BIONICLE MOCs here.

Dallior, the Small Mafia Boss

09 Mar 2017, 05:49 #1

Hello, MoD! I'm Dallior, new to the forums, and I figured I'd throw my self-MOC your way!

Staring Dramatically

Under the Hood

From Behind

This MOC has had a long and interesting past, starting out as a little Calix-wearing Avtoran, then becoming an Onu-Matoran, and finally now, your favorite fez-wearing Ta-Matoran.

The arm attachment was worked on jointly by myself and BZP user The 1st Shadow (his link here ; check out his comics and MOCs), so credit where it's due.

And this is far from the last incarnation. CC very welcome!
One of the original seven of the Kanohi Force.

Long live Good Guy.

10 Mar 2017, 03:51 #3

Looks like some interesting construction techniques going on under the hood. Maybe you can get something to make the hands look a bit more hand like?

Id never have thought him to be a ta matoran, unless all the red paint was burned off trying to swim in lava or something XP

May I post him on the front page? Any construction shots by chance?
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

10 Mar 2017, 04:01 #4

Yeah, I normally use the G2 hands but all of my other MOCs for other Kanohi Force members use the Y-joint for hands, so I threw them on Dallior for the sake of continuity.

I would be honored to have this put on the front page! I'll assemble some under-the-hood shots ASAP!

Long live Good Guy.

11 Mar 2017, 00:53 #5

Additional pictures added to main post!

Long live Good Guy.

12 Mar 2017, 05:34 #6

XP I kept thinking the new pictures weren't public yet because I kept clicking on "Under The Hood" and it wasn't working. Then I figured out it was a broken link, somehow you had HTTP doubled up, but I fixed it XP

Thanks for the additional pictures, that skeleton design is pretty clever. I've done some similarly angled arm builds, but I don't think it occurred to me to use a second angled axle with the pins like that to fix it in place and stop the wobbling.

He's a mob boss eh? What did he do to the guy that broke his shoulder?

EDIT: After a bit of tinkering I've got him on the front page now, thanks for letting me put him on there!
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

13 Mar 2017, 06:14 #7

Ah, curse those HTTP issues!

Thanks! Myself and the aforementioned T1S made the first draft of the design together; he came up with the concept of the two pieces working together, and I had the wonderful job of executing it (not an easy task).

And the mob boss was a misnomer provided by Ghidora131, another friend of mine. I think it's the fez (which has a very interesting backstory).

Thanks for the front page!

Long live Good Guy.