Did a favor for you and my childhood

For finding common ground on things that are not based around the BIONICLE line.

Did a favor for you and my childhood

22 May 2013, 14:28 #1

Hello Everyone,

Before I left my LEGO Internship, I had added this in the LEGO ***** page (basically their version of facebook). I highly doubt this idea would be successful, and I am sure LEGO would come across every reason to bash this idea.
But it was worth a shot, for in favor for you guys, and my childhood. I won't post a screenshot of it. But I will post down what I placed down...
Prequel for Bionicle - Story for Bara Magna before it became a wasteland

(Please close topic if dupe) (Warning: Lots of Bionicle references involved!)
You know and I know general reasons why Bionicle can't come back. Correct me if I am wrong, but there are so many Bionicle enthusiasts new and old who still wants Bionicle to be brought back. Especially the golden years of 2001-2003 with their fun adventurous storyline (compared to the dark storyline in 2006-2007) and memorable characters from Toa to the Matoran, and don't forget about the...gear-functioned sets!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how can we bring back Bionicle without disappointing the old fans and bringing in the new young fans? We simply make a prequel for the world of Bara Magna before it became a wasteland.
It would have old fans explode with excitement when their questions and curiosities gets answered. Like how the Order of Mata Nui was created, what it was like before Bara Magna became a wasteland, and how it might correlate with the worlds of Aqua Magna, Spherus Magna, and Bota Magna, and the list still goes on.
The new fans wouldn't be lost, because there would be new characters, with a whole new world. And if their curiosity gets to them, they can always refer back to the old Bionicle storyline/sets from 2001-2010.
I think we covered everything from Aqua Magna and it would be nice that every few years, we move on to different worlds and see individual adventures the rest of the Bionicle Universe as well!
Think about it, Bionicle could be as big as Star Wars, and I think that Bionicle 2001-2010 is just the ending for “Episode 4!” We still need episodes 1, 2, and 3! ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you guys think this is an awesome idea, I do wish to share more of my input on how the Bionicle prequel could get started.
I would like to say that I have had a great time here in the Czech Republic coming across fun new challenges and experiences. It was a blast! ;) I now know of the soft and hard skills that I need to improve on so I can accomplish my dream goal.

23 May 2013, 00:54 #2

Glad to hear you had a good time over there, are you on your way back now?

I do like the idea of a prequel, though I have no idea if The LEGO Company will ever really go back to it. Greg hinted very close to april fools there might be something in the works, but noted his co workers might have been messing with him.

But then again It wouldn't surprise me if a year from now Preston Stormer and his team were protecting the research team while they built a giant robot or two as part of a plan to reunite their planet when they spotted some sort of impending doom from space coming their way.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

23 May 2013, 04:45 #3

Adrninistrator @ May 23 2013, 12:54 AM wrote: Glad to hear you had a good time over there, are you on your way back now?

I do like the idea of a prequel, though I have no idea if The LEGO Company will ever really go back to it. Greg hinted very close to april fools there might be something in the works, but noted his co workers might have been messing with him.

But then again It wouldn't surprise me if a year from now Preston Stormer and his team were protecting the research team while they built a giant robot or two as part of a plan to reunite their planet when they spotted some sort of impending doom from space coming their way.
Yes. I'm leaving today. I have to take 3 flights to get back to the U.S.- it sucks, but hopefully I will make it back safe.

My last day was pretty cool. My supervisor and the whole rv operations team threw a surprise se party for me. I was quite surprised, because what are the chances of that? It was all good! Maybe I will reveal more about through a short blog if I have time this summer.

02 Dec 2014, 19:51 #4

I don't know how I found this old topic. But now looking back at it, I think LEGO used like 20% of my ideas. Who knows, maybe in the Bionicle reboot, the storyline will make suttle references here and there in that being a prequel or something. Who knows.

The Toa Mata had to have originated from somewhere, right?

03 Dec 2014, 04:44 #5

Didn't they cover the Toa Mata origins somewhere already? I know they at least covered some things like where they had been trained before being stuffed into the canisters.

I wonder if they did use any of your suggestions or if it's all coincidence? Would be neat if they actually got an idea or two from you.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!