Elements in storyline

Vote on your favorite BIONICLE topics.

Elements in storyline

13 Feb 2010, 02:49 #1

Should there be more elements?

Total votes: 17
4(24%)
13(76%)

This is my first topic, so I might have put this in the wrong place or something...
Anyway, what do you think about adding more elements. Do you think we have too much or should make them more "complete" now that the storyline is all we have?

14 Feb 2010, 00:50 #2

I vote no. I don't think there should be more elements. The 6 traditional elements should remain. Its more to the traditional Bionicle storyline that way.

14 Feb 2010, 02:17 #3

There are several official elements that are not part of the basic six, like Sonics, light,... is shadow one? Id say for our own stories, why not expand upon the elements if it suits the story well or builds an interesting character. The LEGO Company did find strong support for keeping the six original elements as the key formula though, much like how the power rangers kept the same colors through each itteration, and maybe added one or two.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

15 Feb 2010, 19:52 #4

The there is that blasted element "Psionics"...
"Child of my enemy why have you come? There can be no forgiveness. A father's sins pass to his son." - Gravemind, Halo 3

"There is no such thing as an obscene amount of firepower." Sergeant Chronus

"Fenris breeds heroes like a bar breeds drunks - loud, proud and spoiling for a fight." - Grandmaster Belial of the Dark Angels

"It takes a great amount of self control to be this dangerous." - Unknown Space Wolf

16 Feb 2010, 03:11 #5

Nope, the first ones are the best in my opinion.
Blah, start inviting some people, I loved this place. :'(

16 Feb 2010, 14:30 #6

No... There's enough without made-up elements.
I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT BIONICLE AND MUSIC!

17 Feb 2010, 11:59 #7

I voted no, because I'm confused as it is xD
I'm currently selling my entire Bionicle/Hero Factory collection, if you're interested PM me

18 Feb 2010, 03:28 #8

It makes sense that there are multiple elements to others, besides matoran. Because they are bad guys. Like the bohrok. That makes sense. But when those non traditional elements move to matoran. It doesn't seem right.
That is why still I am debating if Av-Matoran should be even part of the group. They started to started to introduce Av-Matoran in 2008.

11 Oct 2011, 07:55 #9

Elements embody the "basic parts" of nature. So far, we have the classic Fire (heat), Air, Earth and Water, as well as stone and ice (cold). Then there's Lightning (electricity), Sonics (sound), Plasma (ionized gas, fourth state of matter), Gravity, Light (and its "opposite", Shadow), Psionics (mind), Magnetism, Plant Life and Iron (metal).

Greg says Stone would have controlled Sand if it had been thought of from the beginning. So at this point, what is there left to label as an element? Psionics is already pushing it because it has been stated to break with the standard formula: you cannot absorb Psionic energy like you can the other elements. There is nothing more we can say is both a "force of nature" and a concept that you can create and destroy.

Lava? Just a mix of Fire and Earth/Stone. Glass? Same mix, and it sound silly. Crystal? Arguably falls under Stone, and its effects could most likely be replicated via Stone (hardness) and Ice (reflective surfaces). Void/Ether/Emptiness? Doesn't technically exist, and can't really be incorporated anywhere. "Energy?" Not even a specific element, seems very much like light.

So yeah, if someone can come up with a decent idea for a new element I'd be surprised.
My WIP game: BIONICLE Fighter v11.0 (Updated December 31st)
My stories: Spaced Out | Serenity
My other profiles: List here

10 Nov 2011, 21:32 #10

Kind of. I want to see a element of life, death, and time.
Who's a silly pony?

22 Nov 2011, 18:28 #11

I voted no. there are plenty of elements as is, and i can't think of any other good elements to add.

09 Dec 2012, 17:48 #12

I vote NO. I say LEGO particurly ruined the elements tradtion with Hero Factory.
Besides, whats better then good old down-to-earth elements? Still, I think electricty would be SWEET!
“Right. I can tell from the bat wings and the leeches that you three are just all happy-smiles and rainbows.”
― Greg Farshtey

13 Dec 2012, 20:38 #13

whay do you need more?
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!

05 Mar 2013, 02:50 #15

Shadrahk @ Nov 10 2011, 01:32 PM wrote: Kind of. I want to see a element of life, death, and time.
Actually, there are three legendary powers (elements)

Life
Time
Creation

Each has its own mask too!

I mean TOA IGNIKA is a Toa of Life.
I am Arctic, Matoran of Ice.

"If you do as much as waste my time again, then I will crack your head against your own tombstone!"

"...Those Axonians don't sound very nice."
Axon and Jaller - The Chronicles of Jaller

Arctic's Comics