Evil(er) Tahu

Post your BIONICLE MOCs here.

Evil(er) Tahu

31 Jan 2017, 16:53 #1

Pictures and Description

I'm hoping my Evil Tahu can compete with Baxor's under the premise of being a classical revamp.

As far as effort and creativity goes, he's got me beat XP
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

01 Feb 2017, 01:37 #2

Actually, from a purely objective point of view, I like this better in every way except for the legs (which is a problem you can't exactly fix). If they had them in black it would be better, but in general if you could fix either the armour or the legs' colour it would be a beautiful 10. Top favorite parts of this model: how much it looks like the original while adding so much more articulation, and the gloriously done combination of new parts and old. You have made the hybrid :P

Doctor who reference, LOL
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!

01 Feb 2017, 03:16 #3

O_o I'll never understand how anything can possibly have an exposed brain and still survive, either from bacterial infection or an unfortunate bump to the head.

As for the legs being black, I matched them to the colors of the original, which were a similar dark gray. They would probably look better in black, but just not be as authentic.

I hope LEGO will eventually diversify the ccbs system with some Skinner armor, or something that doesn't bulk the build up but adds some nice detailing. I love the new Technic elements they've been producing, and the skelaton parts are very versatile, but they can't seem to get around to a proper update to the HF 2.0 armor plates.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

07 Feb 2017, 01:53 #5

This will become a MoC'ing meme. Now fishers must join us. We will spread it to BZPower, then to TTV, then it will become THE NEXT HARAMBE! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Naw, kidding.

Also, I didn't know you MoC'd, Ghid. That's cool. Also, you might try asking Dave to revamp his own model, see if he could do it better. That would be incredibly cool.
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!

08 Feb 2017, 00:12 #7

Dave mentioned in a news post years ago that he was tempted to make a revamp, but If I recall correctly, he said the original could simply not be replaced in his mind.

I have no objection to Dave seeing it, half the fun of making it was thinking he would enjoy it. Tell him to try and make it to Brick Universe Raleigh while your at it XP

09 Feb 2017, 03:58 #9

I was more or less joking about him being attending BU, I figured it was worth a shot if he just happened to be close enough to attend.