Forum Archive

Ask questions and provide feedback about Mask Of Destiny here.

Forum Archive

13 Jun 2016, 18:49 #1

Hi there!

I'm aware the forum here underwent a renovation some time ago (2009?), and wanted to know if the old forum has been archived anywhere. I'd hate for it to be lost like the old BZP forums!

15 Jun 2016, 01:13 #2

Hello Tazakk,

There are two older forums at this time. The original kinda broke down and if there are any records left of it, they aren't where I can access them. The second, assuming Proboards has not removed/deleted them, can be found at this following link, though they are in maintenance mode at the moment. I'll ask around and see if theres a reason for it being in this mode, and if not, Ill see if I can make it visible again:

maskofdestiny.proboards.com

Is there anything in particular you needed, maybe its something I can find while it's locked down?
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

27 Jun 2016, 13:23 #3

Yeah, I remember when I first came to this forum, there was a link to the proboards, but it was in maintenance mode. That was 3 years ago ...

Still, perhaps they have a reason. Also, aren't the proboards also TBoB? Isn't TBoB like in really bad shape? Just curious.
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!

27 Jun 2016, 14:01 #4

The old forums were not TBoB (The Board Of Boards?). TBoB was made alongside our current invisionfree site, and after they elected their personal staff members I turned full control over to them and they became an independent forum.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

24 Jul 2016, 23:51 #5

Wasn't the proboards forum put in maintenance mode when you moved to Invisionfree? You might still be able to log in with your old credentials to reactivate it. I'm surprised it's even still online at all, honestly.

26 Jul 2016, 03:02 #6

I've actually been trying to find/reset the credentials to make it visible again, I got sidetracked for a while but Ive been meaning to get it online again.

EDIT:

I got back in today, and it looks like I can open them up with a couple clicks, just a matter of making sure of a few settings and maybe cleaning out any obviously obscene things.

27 Jul 2016, 23:48 #7

Honestly looking forward to clicking through the forum, been a long time since I've seen it. May want to make sure it's read-only, though, to preserve it.

28 Jul 2016, 02:36 #8

Work schedule is a bit off, so I haven't finished yet though, but thats the plan I have in mind.

UPDATE 8-3-2016:

I can't seem to find settings to completely turn off member posting and etc. to make sure nobody deletes/posts/trolls posts on the old forum. As far as I know, all posting by members was turned off, but I cant seem to find the settings to confirm this.

EDIT again:

Looks like I've found the setting, I have to go one by one and turn it off in the category section. For some reason I cant seem to disable posting in the member groups themselves. Hopefully I can have this open later today.

Final Edit?:

Okay, you should be able to access the older forum, beware of toxic posts and unfortunately a (possibly) less sane me:

http://maskofdestiny.proboards.com/thre ... llTo=44013

Looks like most of the posts got moved to "Archive One" and are unsorted though.

06 Aug 2016, 03:50 #9

Looking through the old forum is probably the best gift I've received in months.

11 Aug 2016, 17:50 #10

A bit late to respond here, but thanks so much for getting the archive up! I was hoping the original, original one might still be around somewhere but this is still very cool - older than anything BZP has archived, for sure.