Ghost Starscream VS Ramjet

Vote on topics not related to BIONICLE here.

Ghost Starscream VS Ramjet

Jun 1 2011, 10:09 PM #1

which one should I get first?

Total votes: 6
5(83%)
1(17%)

Ghost Starscream: http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1172/
Ramjet: http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/2569/

As you've probably already figured out, I'm on the fence about which to get. I want both & will get both eventually, but finances will only allow me to get one for now. Therefore, I'm leaving the decision up to friends/acquaintances/voters/etc...YOU help decide which of the 2 I should go ahead & get now based on which one you think is better.
#ThreatToSurvival

Jun 2 2011, 01:01 PM #2

Its hard for me to say, ghost seems more collectable as an interesting piece, but I think ramjet looks alot better. Is one more expensive or limited than the other? I think I grab the more expensive one first.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

Jun 2 2011, 01:36 PM #3

Well, Ramjet is $5 more expensive, but he's a 3rd party product, whereas Ghost Starscream is an official release. So it's a tough decision.
#ThreatToSurvival

Jun 4 2011, 12:44 AM #4

As cool as Ramjet is, if hes not a licensed third party product, Id personaly buy Starscream first.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

Jun 4 2011, 04:59 PM #5

It is an unlicensed 3rd party product...thank you for giving your opinion!
#ThreatToSurvival

Jun 10 2011, 04:49 PM #6

More votes needed...please vote people.
#ThreatToSurvival

Jul 13 2011, 04:59 PM #7

I'm STILL undecided...need more votes!
#ThreatToSurvival

Aug 12 2011, 08:45 PM #8

Since no one on here seems to like voting, I've already decided...I shall be getting Ramjet.
#ThreatToSurvival

Aug 22 2011, 10:30 PM #9

I'd say go with Starscream if only 'cause I don't care nothing about Ramjet, haha. But d***, those are really expensive regardless... I'd pay like thirty dollars tops for a Transformer toy, haha.

Aug 24 2011, 08:18 PM #10

Iro the Dude @ Aug 22 2011, 10:30 PM wrote: I'd say go with Starscream if only 'cause I don't care nothing about Ramjet, haha. But d***, those are really expensive regardless... I'd pay like thirty dollars tops for a Transformer toy, haha.
Yeah, the price bothers me...I won't even have the money until I sell my go-kart, so I got plenty of time to decide which one to get.
#ThreatToSurvival

Aug 27 2011, 01:50 AM #11

Man, not even any reasonable prices for a G1-esque Laserbeak, haha. I'm hoping to throw together a reasonable little collection of different Decepticons, but unfortunately, the main ones I want have been discontinued (Armada Cyclonus, Demolisher, Megatron, and Starscream).

Aug 28 2011, 12:09 AM #12

Models? Oh jeeze, that would be a big mistake in the long run. :( See if you could build both of your favorite transformers first. Out of LEGO, Clay, whatever. They seem awfully expensive for just models that doesn't have gear functions (Why do you think I don't buy Hero Factory sets?).

Aug 28 2011, 12:49 AM #13

Matoro @ Aug 27 2011, 04:09 PM wrote:Models? Oh jeeze, that would be a big mistake in the long run. :( See if you could build both of your favorite transformers first. Out of LEGO, Clay, whatever. They seem awfully expensive for just models that doesn't have gear functions (Why do you think I don't buy Hero Factory sets?).
Really, dude? Really? Have you thought about the fact that there are people in the world that genuinely like to have cool-looking models? Also, you do realize that there's still a clear gimmick to the Transformers that's been working since 1983? I'll leave you to figure out what it is.

That said, having seen some reviews of Transformers, the models are comprised of different pieces that one must move and take apart in order to get the mysterious aforementioned gimmick to work.

Also, since you asked, I think you don't buy HF 'cause you're way too stuck in the past. Gear functions in Bionicle died out in 2005, and it's bad enough you bring up the lack of them every time HF is mentioned (at least, it seems that way). Now here in a topic about not even Lego, you're complaining that Hasbro doesn't make use of a now-defunct gimmick used by a rival toy company? C'mon, dude...

Aug 28 2011, 09:11 AM #14

Iro the Dude @ Aug 28 2011, 12:49 AM wrote:
Matoro @ Aug 27 2011, 04:09 PM wrote:Models? Oh jeeze, that would be a big mistake in the long run. :( See if you could build both of your favorite transformers first. Out of LEGO, Clay, whatever. They seem awfully expensive for just models that doesn't have gear functions (Why do you think I don't buy Hero Factory sets?).
Really, dude? Really? Have you thought about the fact that there are people in the world that genuinely like to have cool-looking models? Also, you do realize that there's still a clear gimmick to the Transformers that's been working since 1983? I'll leave you to figure out what it is.

That said, having seen some reviews of Transformers, the models are comprised of different pieces that one must move and take apart in order to get the mysterious aforementioned gimmick to work.

Also, since you asked, I think you don't buy HF 'cause you're way too stuck in the past. Gear functions in Bionicle died out in 2005, and it's bad enough you bring up the lack of them every time HF is mentioned (at least, it seems that way). Now here in a topic about not even Lego, you're complaining that Hasbro doesn't make use of a now-defunct gimmick used by a rival toy company? C'mon, dude...
I've only ever had two or three that you needed to take bits off to make the gimmick work. And some do have gear/springloaded functions, like Armada's "Red Alert"

That said, I've always found the hands to be blocky, and generally too big, while the heads were always too small.
It's not illegal, it's just cheating.

I'm into exam time right now... I'll be checking up frequently, but I don't expect to be posting in the next two weeks or so unless something really catches my eye.

Aug 28 2011, 06:40 PM #15

@Matoro: These aren't exactly models, since these are transformable. The Revoltech figures - which require some building - are your model Transformers. As for gear functions...well...automorph & Mech-Alive both required gears...BTW, do me a favor & vote on which of the 2 figures looks better.

@Iro: 1984, not 1983...just saying. As for all those moving parts you mentioned...one must be careful w/ 'em. They can pinch you...or give you a major headache as you try to figure out what in the Hades you're doing.

@Takal: Modern figures tend to have better hands...and not hilariously under/oversized heads. BTW, could you do me a favor & vote on which of the 2 figures looks better?
#ThreatToSurvival

Aug 28 2011, 07:22 PM #16

I don't really think either look better as such. In my honest opinion, I wouldn't get either one. Seems far too expensive for me to judge if either would be worth it - my Transformers were abandoned in a box in the attic long ago, and I'd never think of buying any more. That's my (unhelpful) opinion. Personally, I'd keep the go-kart.
It's not illegal, it's just cheating.

I'm into exam time right now... I'll be checking up frequently, but I don't expect to be posting in the next two weeks or so unless something really catches my eye.

Aug 28 2011, 07:29 PM #17

Vote for Starscream just 'cause, haha. Though I do agree $100 and above is way too expensive. Even for like super rare stuff and special editions.

Aug 29 2011, 04:28 PM #18

Well, I voted for Ghost Star Scream. If you are going to spend $110 bucks on it. You might as well go for the see-through version. Plus the color reminds me a lot of the see-through GameBoy Color. Gameboy color is cool, so that means that set looks cool.

Aug 29 2011, 08:11 PM #19

@Takal: Well, I don't use the go-kart, so I might as well sell it. And it's fine if you don't have an opinion...especially since I've gotten so many outside of these forums.

@Iro: Well, the price isn't reasonable, I agree, but do remember that it can be justified...somewhat. 3 main factors come into play here: 1, it's being imported; 2, OPEC is greedy & raised gas prices, directly affecting imported items; & 3, thanks to the current state of the global economy, we all suffer from inflation...even my beloved Mtn Dew has gone up in price.

@Matoro: Thank you for your input! Oh, & Ghost Starscream is normally $125, so if I get him, it will definitely be when he's on sale. Good point about the see-through, BTW...that's one reason I want it, because I think it would be fun to point my laser pointer at it...LOL.
#ThreatToSurvival

Aug 30 2011, 06:49 PM #20

Oh yeah! Lazors! If you do get it, put LED lights in it (If you could)! That'll be epic to look at.

Aug 30 2011, 08:11 PM #21

Matoro @ Aug 30 2011, 06:49 PM wrote: Oh yeah! Lazors! If you do get it, put LED lights in it (If you could)! That'll be epic to look at.
IN it? Nah, I'd put them under it...good thought though!
#ThreatToSurvival

Jan 22 2012, 08:41 PM #22

So, I bought Ramjet...no point in getting Starscream with the new mold coming out. Anyways, my Ramjet arrived on Friday, & I love it!
#ThreatToSurvival