Hero Factory, Your thoughts?

This is the place to talk about BIONICLE sets.
Joined: 18 Jul 2009, 22:59

24 Feb 2010, 19:05 #31

I think it will fall flat on its face and by the time it's supposedly halfway through, we'll be left with the same impression that Exo-Force gave us:

"So, wait, what are we fighting for again?"

Maybe it'll churn out some cool sets like EF did (Mechaaaaasssss =D) and maybe it'll have some cool functions, but in the end the story just dissolves away and we just have some pointless plot with some nice pieces. As a LEGO line directed at younger kids (younger than I, anyway), I give it my full support-- LEGO should know what they're doing, but as a personal opinion of it, I dislike it cuz it's lame, lol.

However, I do believe I shall pick up a Natalie Breeze cuz she looks awesome. =3 Squee...

~EW~
Reply
Like

Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 19:16

24 Feb 2010, 21:16 #32

Guys, justbecause it's replacing Bionicle doesn't make it lame.

These are the bests Constraction sets Lego have churned out in ages. Before the Glatorian. You ought to be happy that we get something that looks remotely similar, not something completely different. I for one think this will take of and be better than bionicle, because Lego can learn from their mistakes. Don't make the storyline too complicated.

I'm thoroughly behind it 100%
I'm currently selling my entire Bionicle/Hero Factory collection, if you're interested PM me
Reply
Like

Joined: 14 Feb 2010, 03:39

25 Feb 2010, 17:05 #33

Monasti @ Feb 24 2010, 09:16 PM wrote: Guys, justbecause it's replacing Bionicle doesn't make it lame.

These are the bests Constraction sets Lego have churned out in ages. Before the Glatorian. You ought to be happy that we get something that looks remotely similar, not something completely different. I for one think this will take of and be better than bionicle, because Lego can learn from their mistakes. Don't make the storyline too complicated.

I'm thoroughly behind it 100%
No. It's lame all by itself. :P


"You ought to be happy that we get something that looks remotely similar"

That argument kind-of irritates me. If we hate them, why do you try to make us accept them? :rolleyes:
Reply
Like

Joined: 18 Jul 2009, 22:59

25 Feb 2010, 19:37 #34

Monasti @ Feb 24 2010, 02:16 PM wrote: Guys, just because it's replacing Bionicle doesn't make it lame.

These are the bests construction sets Lego have churned out in ages. Before the Glatorian. You ought to be happy that we get something that looks remotely similar, not something completely different. I for one think this will take of and be better than Bionicle, because Lego can learn from their mistakes. Don't make the storyline too complicated.

I'm thoroughly behind it 100%
I dislike it not because of the sets (I like them, actually), but the story, or rather, lack thereof. I loved Bionicle not because of the play, but because of the story, the intrigue, the mystery! Here, we have a straightforward plot with little outside the sterotypical mission. Oh, the horror!

Why do i discredit the story so quickly? If it were something big, something great, something grand, it would have some teasers, some sort of peek at what's in store. We have no such thing, so one must conclude that the mission-based plot is it. And that does not satisfy EW's wants. =C


As for others, I cannot speak for them, as I am only myself. But JM2B made a good point, albeit a curt one.


Imagine if you had the dream car of your choice (say, oh, a lovely Maserati, shall we?), and you loved it for, like, 9 years. You adored it, drove it a lot, had so much fun with it. And then, it crashes and you're really sad. Then the insurance company comes over and says, "Well, we can't afford to get you an identical Maserati, so here's a Porsche instead! Looks the same, kinda!" Are you just gonna say, "Okay," or are ya gonna be (Caution: understatement ahead :P ) slightly upset?

Now I'm not as hardcore about Bionicle as some others, and I'm not gonna cry me a river of tears because of the whole debacle, but to say that I'm happy and content with the replacement line would be a lie, and I bet that's the case with a lot of people.

~EW~
Reply
Like

Joined: 14 Feb 2010, 03:39

26 Feb 2010, 14:08 #35

EmperorWhenua @ Feb 25 2010, 07:37 PM wrote:As for others, I cannot speak for them, as I am only myself. But JM2B made a good point, albeit a curt one.

Imagine if you had the dream car of your choice (say, oh, a lovely Maserati, shall we?), and you loved it for, like, 9 years. You adored it, drove it a lot, had so much fun with it. And then, it crashes and you're really sad. Then the insurance company comes over and says, "Well, we can't afford to get you an identical Maserati, so here's a Porsche instead! Looks the same, kinda!" Are you just gonna say, "Okay," or are ya gonna be (Caution: understatement ahead :P ) slightly  upset?
Sorry. I'm just tired of that argument from all the times it's come up on BZP. :P What always confounds me if that people who think it's less than BIONICLE like it. It's like they don't want their monies worth or something.

If my dream car were totaled, a Tesla Roadster, there ain't no way I would settle for any old gas guzzler. :P
Reply
Like

Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 19:16

26 Feb 2010, 18:48 #36

Yes, but Bionicle isn't like a car. And how can you say that you don't like the story when there IS no story yet? We didn't know much of the Bionicle story back then.


If Hero Factory came before Bionicle you would probably all be complaining about the same thing. Think about that.
I'm currently selling my entire Bionicle/Hero Factory collection, if you're interested PM me
Reply
Like

Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 02:54

27 Feb 2010, 03:28 #37

Perhaps the best thing to do is wait and see how the story plays out. It may be simple, or it may be more complex than we seem to be thinking it will be. Even a simple concept for a story may still be very interesting compared to other more complex ones, depending on the concept and the execution of that concept.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!
Reply
Like

Joined: 14 Feb 2010, 03:39

27 Feb 2010, 16:55 #38

Monasti @ Feb 26 2010, 06:48 PM wrote:Yes, but Bionicle isn't like a car.
To you maybe, but a car enthusiest might think it better and more important. They're both just material objects though.

And how can you say that you don't like the story when there IS no story yet? We didn't know much of the Bionicle story back then.
True, but it has been stated by LEGO/Greg that it will be less complex and non-recuring and those things are what, to me, made BIONICLE great. We shall have to wait and see though.

If Hero Factory came before Bionicle you would probably all be complaining about the same thing. Think about that.
I thought about it. It doesn't change anything though. :P
Reply
Like

Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 21:34

27 Feb 2010, 19:20 #39

I feel even worse otwards Hero Factory now...I got the last comic today. It almost made me cry at the end.
#ThreatToSurvival
Reply
Like

Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 19:16

26 May 2010, 10:02 #40

JrMasterModelBuilder @ Feb 27 2010, 04:55 PM wrote:
Monasti @ Feb 26 2010, 06:48 PM wrote:Yes, but Bionicle isn't like a car.
To you maybe, but a car enthusiest might think it better and more important. They're both just material objects though.

And how can you say that you don't like the story when there IS no story yet? We didn't know much of the Bionicle story back then.
True, but it has been stated by LEGO/Greg that it will be less complex and non-recuring and those things are what, to me, made BIONICLE great. We shall have to wait and see though.

If Hero Factory came before Bionicle you would probably all be complaining about the same thing. Think about that.
I thought about it. It doesn't change anything though. :P
Grrr you know what I mean!!!



I'm excited now xD. Is that weird?
I'm currently selling my entire Bionicle/Hero Factory collection, if you're interested PM me
Reply
Like

Joined: 02 May 2011, 18:30

04 May 2011, 18:50 #41

To me, HF is just a major place-holder.

I do want a major villain behind Von Nebby, Fire Lord, and Witch Doctor.

And if I were Lego, I would have released the 2.0 building system in the STARS.
I am the Kanohi_master
Reply
Like

Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 23:25

03 Jul 2013, 22:59 #42

It's OK although Breez is perfectly SWEET!
“Right. I can tell from the bat wings and the leeches that you three are just all happy-smiles and rainbows.”
― Greg Farshtey
Reply
Like

Joined: 06 May 2013, 19:07

04 Jul 2013, 19:16 #43

Well l dislike HF becoz well becoz of the parts and the pieces l can't make a desent MOC out of the HF parts becoz they brake very hard and l can't understand the HF constructions l spent mostly making MOCs of Bionicle becoz building Bionicle MOCs is way more easyier
No mater at were the trouble cud be the Toa will always be there.

Reply
Like

Joined: 06 May 2013, 19:07

04 Jul 2013, 20:08 #45

Ninja@ l known just that l can't build a MOC very well by using HF parts
No mater at were the trouble cud be the Toa will always be there.

Reply
Like