Honorable Czech Cockatoo

For finding common ground on things that are not based around the BIONICLE line.

Honorable Czech Cockatoo

06 Sep 2013, 20:21 #1

Link: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Matoro19 ... ckatoo.png

In my spare time at college, I sketch little doodles here and there. Every once in a while, I would try to sketch out one of my doodles digitally. This pic is called, "Honorable Czech Cockatoo."

My drawing style is Conefig, and I've been thinking up a good story on how to start off my comics. I know that the theme is going to be Bionic Birds (Bionicle + Birds = Epic), but that is pretty much it. I am also trying to find a easier and faster way of drawing my art so I can make decent comic panels. But so far, I haven't found a solution. I am even debating if I should change the legs to make them more "bird-like" or not.

This drawing took me about an hour to complete. Yet, I think I am gradually getting better in putting more details in my drawing.

"Honorable Czech Cockatoo" was inspired by my epic awesome time in Prague, Rose-Breasted Cockatoo, and my favorite game Frozen Synapse.
My other digital works

09 Sep 2013, 02:23 #2

I think everything else would be a better fit for this.

Just keep practicing and you'll get better at speed drawing, maybe try drawing a bunch of the same thing, practice the head, then the legs, etc until you can draw each part reasonably quick. That way when you can test different leg/head styles without drawing a whole character behind it each time. Then once your happy you can draw the skeleton and focus on drawing a whole character one part at a time instead of trying to draw the whole character at once, if that makes sense.

That said, what you have drawn is pretty good. Have you tried drawing the lower half of the legs as the skinny yellow part while the upper legs are baggy and feathery? I think that could kelp the look a bit.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

09 Sep 2013, 13:44 #3

Adrninistrator @ Sep 9 2013, 02:23 AM wrote: Just keep practicing and you'll get better at speed drawing, maybe try drawing a bunch of the same thing, practice the head, then the legs, etc until you can draw each part reasonably quick. That way when you can test different leg/head styles without drawing a whole character behind it each time. Then once your happy you can draw the skeleton and focus on drawing a whole character one part at a time instead of trying to draw the whole character at once, if that makes sense.

That said, what you have drawn is pretty good. Have you tried drawing the lower half of the legs as the skinny yellow part while the upper legs are baggy and feathery? I think that could kelp the look a bit.
I almost never thought of that! Thanks Imatron. :) Yeah, I will practice on the head first. Probably give each of them a type of bird style. One for a parakeet, cockatoo, and Lorikeet (think that is called).

Concept:
The reason why I am thinking just Australia birds is because the whole world got blown up except for Australia, and the nuclear power fused the birds, now they are bionic, and went to a different planet ramble bamble blah blah blah.... Yeah...it is still a little sketchy. I'm trying to make something that seems relatively believable, yet silly at the same time. Aka: This thing

As for the legs:
Lol, I guess I borrowed a little too much Mordecai's character in The Regular Show. I'll see what I can do to add my own unique feature with the upper legs, experiment with them a bit. And yes, I'll try to add some feather details on them too. Probably for the arms as well.