Irnakk

Jul 13 2014, 01:09 AM #1

Total votes: 3
0(0%)
0(0%)
1(33%)
1(33%)
1(33%)

Maybe someday we'll make it to two pages for this section. Okay, today I'm doing a set review on Irnakk from the Ignika season. Now, many people- even hardcore BIONICLE fans -when you mention Irnakk to them, they say 'Who's Irnakk'. So, I'll begin with a brief history and a picture(The one on the box).

Here

Ugly mug, right? Well, Irnakk is a horrible character in Skakdi mythology who reportedly "Killed until there was no one left to destroy, and then he left." He wore gold armour, and loved Death.

As far as we know, in the BIONICLE world, Irnakk is fiction. The scene in which he appears is when Zaktan and the other Piraka enter the Chamber of Fear on their journey to reach the Mask of Life. Irnakk was the only thing the Piraka feared, and so he appeared. Zaktan eventually bade him away after threatening to being down the roof, killing the Piraka, and thus their fear of Irnakk, hence making Irnakk not exist.

Now, for the stats. Irnakk was released as a LE(Limited Edition) for the 2006 Toa Ignika season. As previously mentioned, he is only in one scene. He is set number 8626, and his set contained 129 pieces.

There are several fascinating aspects to Irnakk, but I will deal specifically with three. The first being his gold armour, which has the gold Skakdi spikes. The second is his gold Zamor Sphere Launcher, which only came in two sets(His and Zaktan's). The final one is his most interesting hand. A picture to detail this follows.

Here

As you can see, the hand holds the Zamor Spheres. Now, I don't actually have Irnakk, so these photos are not mine. They are
courtesy' of Brickshelf.com.

In conclusion, Irnakk is unique, and a set I'd love to.
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!

Jul 25 2014, 05:41 AM #2

I personally got this set for both my birthday and christmas at the time of it's release, so I know it pretty well. I do have to say that the set looks cool, but it lacks in other areas. His hand is immensely awkward, his shoulders are to weak to hold his hands up well without support once the sockets get the slightest bit worn, the zamors fall out constantly, without the zamors his body is very empty, and his legs look wrong unless they are posed in only a few of the already limited positions. Overall, this set is only good for setting in one of two poses on a shelf. I am not trying to tear this set down, I just want to give an opinion as an owner. It does look pretty beast on a shelf in it's only epic pose, but it is limited in posing positions, and is sort of awkward if not posed properly. I personally wouldn't pay almost $60 (the cheapest price on eBay) for it unless it was a must-have for a collection, or if you had a need for the golden spine (gold-skinned being anybody?).