Music

For finding common ground on things that are not based around the BIONICLE line.

14 Jan 2011, 07:26 #31

Haeroo @ Jan 13 2011, 08:22 PM wrote: Just feel like adding that slipknot sucks
Music is all about opinion, so actually, Slipknot sucks in your opinion. Nothing about tastes are fact. :P I digress, but keep in mind that just saying a band sucks can be the spark that starts a fire, so let's try and avoid that in the future, mkay?

~EW~

30 Jan 2011, 18:53 #32

Oh no, you misunderstood me. I was merely adding to Xinlo's point.
But, honestly, what do you find appealing about their music?

31 Jan 2011, 21:54 #33

I don't know xD. It's just different to me. I'm not into that much heavy crap, and Slipknot just sounds alright to me.

OMG DAFT PUNK <333333
I'm currently selling my entire Bionicle/Hero Factory collection, if you're interested PM me

31 Jan 2011, 22:25 #34

I think I'd best leave this conversation be... Seeing as I don't really like anything from the last five years, I think I'd end up biting off more than I can chew.
It's not illegal, it's just cheating.

I'm into exam time right now... I'll be checking up frequently, but I don't expect to be posting in the next two weeks or so unless something really catches my eye.

26 Jan 2013, 20:28 #35

Xinlo @ Jan 7 2011, 06:13 AM wrote: [color=0099cc]alot of 80s pop before it all turned into rapping about shallow things with synthesized music.[/color]
[color=0099cc]synthesized music.[/color]
Thank you, and goodnight.

I'm into exam time right now... I'll be checking up frequently, but I don't expect to be posting in the next two weeks or so unless something really catches my eye.

26 Jan 2013, 22:21 #36

Takal @ Jan 26 2013, 08:28 PM wrote:
Xinlo @ Jan 7 2011, 06:13 AM wrote: [color=0099cc]alot of 80s pop before it all turned into rapping about shallow things with synthesized music.[/color]
[color=0099cc]synthesized music.[/color]
Thank you, and goodnight.
[color=0099cc]Yes well the first part still holds true, and the synthesizers I like now are much more inventive than what I was talking about there.

But yes, my tastes have changed quite a bit. I'm really into 70's prog and synthy stuff and yeah.[/color]

28 Jan 2013, 17:25 #37

Monasti @ Jan 7 2011, 05:10 PM wrote: :D

Finally an awesome topic.

-Cheryl Cole
-Katy Perry
-Slipknot
-Aerosmith
-Green Day
-Guns N Roses
-Snow Patrol
-Amon Amarth
-AC DC
-Bon Jovi
-Nickelback
-3oh3!
-Santana
-Hollywood Undead
-Journey
-Michael Jackson

:o

Finally a fan of Journey!!! :D :D
All 80's disincluding country.
60's, 70's,Billy Joel, Michal Jackson, the list goes on.
No offense to those of you who like this stuff but 90's and up I HATE :( :(
The only 90's that I like is a few songs from Aisa in 1990.

Closed that colour tag for you -Takal
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!

28 Jan 2013, 20:05 #38

I Dislike dub step, but recently I have been enjoying this genre of dub step called, love step or soft step by this artist, CMA.

30 Jan 2013, 22:16 #39

I listen to Britt Nicole, TobyMac, Group 1 Crew (not always though) and some other Christian bands. Britt Nicole is my fav though, and my sister met her at a concert. (she got her auto graph on a CD too, and I was bummed cause I couldn't come. Phooey.)
“Right. I can tell from the bat wings and the leeches that you three are just all happy-smiles and rainbows.”
&#8213; Greg Farshtey

31 Jan 2013, 01:18 #40

Keiria @ Jan 30 2013, 10:16 PM wrote: I listen to Britt Nicole, TobyMac, Group 1 Crew (not always though) and some other Christian bands. Britt Nicole is my fav though, and my sister met her at a concert. (she got her auto graph on a CD too, and I was bummed cause I couldn't come. Phooey.)
I like Tmac. Have you heard of Rich Mullins?
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!

02 Feb 2013, 05:56 #41

I like way too much music to list it all

but a few favorites are Machinae Supremacy, The Cure, Bad Religion, The Offspring, Crystal Castles, Against Me!, Tegan and Sara, Katatonia, and In Flames

04 Feb 2013, 19:18 #42

I mainly listen to Pink Floyd, Coldplay, Blutengel, Clan of Xymox, U2, The Alan Parsons Project, New Order, Snow Patrol, Siouxsie and the Banshees, and The Cruxshadows.
In Po-Koro,and all of the vellages!

04 Feb 2013, 21:06 #43

Heat @ Feb 4 2013, 07:18 PM wrote: I mainly listen to Pink Floyd, Coldplay, Blutengel, Clan of Xymox, U2, The Alan Parsons Project, New Order, Snow Patrol, Siouxsie and the Banshees, and The Cruxshadows.
you may dig The Cure since you like Siouxsie and the Banshees

they're pretty closely associated and take some influence from each other, and The Cure's vocalist/guitarist Robert Smith was a member of the Banshees for a while

15 May 2015, 13:27 #44

Takal @ Jan 7 2011, 07:11 AM wrote: My musical taste is all over the place... There's not really any set genre. I listen to: Thin Lizzy, The Pogues, Guns N' Roses, David Bowie, The Rolling Stones, Queen, Aerosmith, Jimi Hendrix...&nbsp; The list goes on for some time, and doesn't form any sort of pattern.
Okay I know this is a long-dead topic and as a mod I should probably be leading by example here but this has GOT to change.

So over the past few years Xinlo and Ryuujin have been introducing me to loads of stuff (particularly the last couple of months where I've said "send me anything within reason that you'll think I'll like so I can understand where my horizons are") and this list is really outdated.

So... the majority of this stuff is music I picked up from my little brother and my mum and almost none of it's relevant any more except Thin Lizzy (who I still think are great) and Queen (who I don't listen to not because I don't like them but because I overplayed them back in the day).

But yeah, I've been introduced to and now listen to Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Rush, Rainbow, Ayreon, The Flower Kings, Katatonia, Dead can Dance, Styx, Marillion, Night Flight Orchestra and Clutch, and am warming to Dark Tranquility, Soilwork and Nightwish. I know I've missed a few but it's not like anyone's scruitinising this.

Also love Machinae Supremacy and I have no idea why because they seem to do everything I don't like and make it sound awesome.

I'm open to removing this and instead editing it into the original post but it's not like anyone would see it that way.

30 Dec 2016, 20:34 #45

Onua39 @ Jan 30 2013, 08:18 PM wrote:
Keiria @ Jan 30 2013, 10:16 PM wrote: I listen to Britt Nicole, TobyMac, Group 1 Crew (not always though) and some other Christian bands. Britt Nicole is my fav though, and my sister met her at a concert. (she got her auto graph on a CD too, and I was bummed cause I couldn't come. Phooey.)
I like Tmac. Have you heard of Rich Mullins?
I have. He's good, especially the last record he wrote before he died.

What I listen to:

1. Icon for Hire
2. Red
3. dcTalk
4. Capital Kings
5. The Fold
6. tobyMac
7. Hollyn (very good upcoming artist)
8. Kelly Clarkson
9. Skillet (mixed blehpinion)
10. Movie soundtracks of various movies
11. All the Bionicle Songs (of course, but I also have all of the obscure stuff like the Bionicle 2003 techno mix and the MNOG soundtrack and that one song that one fan posted about the shores of Metru Nui)
12. I still have some old Christian praise and worship songs hanging out in my iTunes.
13. Avicii (I still have some of his stuff. Really. Also other various random techno things like Darude - take a guess - and Skyhill, and whatever Bfahome posted last week on BZP.)
14. Kamelot (I blame Onua on tth4 for this)
15. Sara Bareilles (thanks Tekulo)

I'm trying to get out of this pop musicish rut that I think I've fallen into and listen to more rock & metal for diversity of experiences.

10 Mar 2017, 02:49 #46

thought I'd posted here before but I guess not

music's pretty much my #1 interest and I probably listen to way too much of it. I like stuff from pretty much any genre but I usually gravitate towards more atmospheric stuff and stuff within metal, rock, and alternative subgenres.

my top 3 favorite artists are The Cure, Katatonia, and Chelsea Wolfe (who's in my avatar) but you can find a more complete list of my favorites here.

10 Mar 2017, 03:54 #47

My motto when it comes to music: It don't mean a thing if it don't got that swing.

My personal tastes fall towards soft rock, light dubstep (more on the house side than the heavy Skrillex style stuff), and of course JAZZ!

Jazz all day every day.
One of the original seven of the Kanohi Force.

Long live Good Guy.