Music

For finding common ground on things that are not based around the BIONICLE line.

Music

Joined: 28 Jun 2010, 07:22

07 Jan 2011, 06:13 #1

[color=0099cc]So yeah, what music do you people listen to? I'm a metalhead, albeit not extreme metal. That screaming stuff's just no.

My favourite bands are Dream Theater, Metallica, Megadeth, Coheed and Cambria, and Breaking Benjamin. I also love the classic stuff like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Dio, etc. I also for some reason like some stuff by Slayer, even though the really shouldn't be my thing. I left alot of stuff out. I used to have a huge comprehensive list on facebook, but they revamped theprofiles and killed my list. -_-

And as a sort of "guilty pleasure" I like the All-American Rejects, Avril Lavigne, and alot of 80s pop before it all turned into rapping about shallow things with synthesized music.

Anyway, what about you guys?

~X[/color]
Reply
Like

Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 13:02

07 Jan 2011, 07:11 #2

My musical taste is all over the place... There's not really any set genre. I listen to: Thin Lizzy, The Pogues, Guns N' Roses, David Bowie, The Rolling Stones, Queen, Aerosmith, Jimi Hendrix... The list goes on for some time, and doesn't form any sort of pattern.
It's not illegal, it's just cheating.

I'm into exam time right now... I'll be checking up frequently, but I don't expect to be posting in the next two weeks or so unless something really catches my eye.
Reply
Like

Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 19:16

07 Jan 2011, 17:10 #3

:D

Finally an awesome topic.

-Cheryl Cole
-Katy Perry
-Slipknot
-Aerosmith
-Green Day
-Guns N Roses
-Snow Patrol
-Amon Amarth
-AC DC
-Bon Jovi
-Nickelback
-3oh3!
-Santana
-Hollywood Undead
-Journey
-Michael Jackson


:o
I'm currently selling my entire Bionicle/Hero Factory collection, if you're interested PM me
Reply
Like

Joined: 28 Jun 2010, 07:22

07 Jan 2011, 22:32 #4

[color=0099cc]Takal, your music's pretty great. Less heavy than the stuff I listen to, but still great.

And Monasti, you've got some good bands, but the fact Slipknot is there renders your entire list moot. You are a terrible person.

~X[/color]
Reply
Like

Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 13:02

07 Jan 2011, 22:54 #5

Xinlo @ Jan 7 2011, 10:32 PM wrote: [color=0099cc]Takal, your music's pretty great. Less heavy than the stuff I listen to, but still great.

~X[/color]
Thanks!

I can't really judge you - I've never heard Dream Theater, Megadeth, Coheed and Cambria or Dio, but I like most of the Iron Maiden my brother has, and he's introducing me to Metallica as we speak - and it's not bad. As for Breaking Benjamin, I've only ever heard 'Blow Me Away,' but it made the grade, and it's on my MP3 player.

P.S. Kieran (Porsche 997) asks Monasti if he likes 'Bullet for My Valentine.'
It's not illegal, it's just cheating.

I'm into exam time right now... I'll be checking up frequently, but I don't expect to be posting in the next two weeks or so unless something really catches my eye.
Reply
Like

Joined: 28 Jun 2010, 07:22

07 Jan 2011, 23:05 #6

Takal @ Jan 7 2011, 10:54 PM wrote:
Xinlo @ Jan 7 2011, 10:32 PM wrote: [color=0099cc]Takal, your music's pretty great. Less heavy than the stuff I listen to, but still great.

~X[/color]
Thanks!

I can't really judge you - I've never heard Dream Theater, Megadeth, Coheed and Cambria or Dio, but I like most of the Iron Maiden my brother has, and he's introducing me to Metallica as we speak - and it's not bad. As for Breaking Benjamin, I've only ever heard 'Blow Me Away,' but it made the grade, and it's on my MP3 player.

P.S. Kieran (Porsche 997) asks Monasti if he likes 'Bullet for My Valentine.'
[color=0099cc]And all that Metallica hate on tth... -_- Glad you're liking them though. Which stuff have you heard?

As for Dio, I think you'd like him. He's alder, like your bands. a bit heavier, but still sort of a crossover between both our musical realms. And Dream Theater's awesome if you like long songs... and by long I mean anywhere from 2 minutes to and hour.

Also that breaking benjamin song's good, though hardly one of their best. It was made specifically for Halo. You should look up Diary Of Jane, So Cold, Dance With The Devil, and Give Me A Sign.

~X[/color]
Reply
Like

Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 13:02

07 Jan 2011, 23:15 #7

Xinlo @ Jan 7 2011, 11:05 PM wrote:
Takal @ Jan 7 2011, 10:54 PM wrote:
Xinlo @ Jan 7 2011, 10:32 PM wrote: [color=0099cc]Takal, your music's pretty great. Less heavy than the stuff I listen to, but still great.

~X[/color]
Thanks!

I can't really judge you - I've never heard Dream Theater, Megadeth, Coheed and Cambria or Dio, but I like most of the Iron Maiden my brother has, and he's introducing me to Metallica as we speak - and it's not bad. As for Breaking Benjamin, I've only ever heard 'Blow Me Away,' but it made the grade, and it's on my MP3 player.

P.S. Kieran (Porsche 997) asks Monasti if he likes 'Bullet for My Valentine.'
[color=0099cc]And all that Metallica hate on tth... -_- Glad you're liking them though. Which stuff have you heard?

As for Dio, I think you'd like him. He's alder, like your bands. a bit heavier, but still sort of a crossover between both our musical realms. And Dream Theater's awesome if you like long songs... and by long I mean anywhere from 2 minutes to and hour.

Also that breaking benjamin song's good, though hardly one of their best. It was made specifically for Halo. You should look up Diary Of Jane, So Cold, Dance With The Devil, and Give Me A Sign.

~X[/color]
The sone was: "Enter Sandman." I'll look 'em up later - 11PM is scarecly the time to go waking up the neighbours with Metal...
It was made specifically for Halo.
I only play Heroic/Legendary so I have to spend an hour to get to that bit. And it's my favourite fight of the whole series, though not just for the music!
It's not illegal, it's just cheating.

I'm into exam time right now... I'll be checking up frequently, but I don't expect to be posting in the next two weeks or so unless something really catches my eye.
Reply
Like

Joined: 28 Jun 2010, 07:22

07 Jan 2011, 23:20 #8

[color=0099cc]Wait, that song was actually in the game? I thought it was just on the fake soundtrack thing...

And yeah, Enter Sandman's a great song. Don't know if you'd like their earlier stuff too much... it's really fast. And the dude sort of barks instead on singing normally.

~X[/color]
Reply
Like

Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 13:02

07 Jan 2011, 23:35 #9

Yeah, but they reduced the vocals to nothing. It still plays everything else until you leave the room, when it just cuts to the end of the last chorus.

I've got nothing against fast music, but barking...
It's not illegal, it's just cheating.

I'm into exam time right now... I'll be checking up frequently, but I don't expect to be posting in the next two weeks or so unless something really catches my eye.
Reply
Like

Joined: 28 Jun 2010, 07:22

07 Jan 2011, 23:38 #10

[color=0099cc]Their second album, Ride The Lightning, I think you could easily handle that. It's got some great melodies and stuff mixed in with the nuttiness. Dunno about the next two though. Listen to "One", just to sample the barking. It's their most famous song.

~X[/color]
Reply
Like

Joined: 31 Dec 2010, 20:58

08 Jan 2011, 02:31 #11

My favorites are the classics, like the Beatles, the stones, the who, zeppelin, David Bowie, and Pink Floyd. But I'm also into pop from the 60's 70's & 80's, prog, some metal, grunge, some alternative stuff, some rap, and techno.
Reply
Like

Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 23:53

08 Jan 2011, 03:30 #12

Xinlo @ Jan 7 2011, 02:32 PM wrote: [color=0099cc]Takal, your music's pretty great. Less heavy than the stuff I listen to, but still great.

And Monasti, you've got some good bands, but the fact Slipknot is there renders your entire list moot. You are a terrible person.

~X[/color]
Dude, he has Amon Amarth. Amon Amarth. Viking metal... is pretty amazing.
Reply
Like

Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 02:54

08 Jan 2011, 03:53 #13

Well, I dont have much music, pretty much all of it is collectors edition sountracks from things I'e personally bought, or Christmas gifts.

*Starcraft 2 wings of Liberty soundtrack
*Ghost In The Shell S.A.C. and S.S.S. soundtracks
*Beetlejuice soundtracks
*The two free Bionicle themed songs
*Dinosaurs Big Songs...From that tv show sitcom with all the puppets, it was a christmas gift >_>
*A few Carmen CDs (Another Christmas gift), a Christian music person. The music and lyrics aren't that bad actually.

Im sure theres a few Im forgetting, but Ive got no more than 15 music CDs altogether. I guess other things caught my interest before music had a chance to become a significant interest to me.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!
Reply
Like

Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 23:53

08 Jan 2011, 04:18 #14

I guess my tastes vary on my mood. Some artists I listen to are:

AC/DC, Aerosmith, Amon Amarth, Anthrax, Alice in Chains, Alter Bridge, Apathy, Avenged Sevenfold, Beastie Boys, Beatles, Beck, Billy Idol, Billy Talent, Black Sabbath, Bob Marley, Bon Jovi, Buck Cherry, Bush, Cavo, Celph Titled, Chickenfoot, Chumbawumba, Collective Soul, Cypress Hill, Def Leppard, Deftones, Demigodz, Dio, Disturbed, Dope, Dr. Dre, Foo Fighters, Fort Minor, Godsmack, Gorillaz, Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Halestorm, House of Pain, Jane's Addiction, Jedi Mind Tricks, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Linkin Park, Lupe Fiasco, Megadeth, Metallica, Motley Crüe, Motörhead, Mudvayne, Nirvana, Offspring, Ozzy Osbourne, Pink Floyd, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Rush, Scorpions, Serj Tankien, Shinedown, Since October, Skindred, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Stone Sour, Stone Temple Pilots, System of a Down, Temple of the Dog, Tesla, Third Eye Blind, Three Days Grace, Three Doors Down, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Van Halen, Velvet Revolver, Whitesnake, X-Ecutioners, 2-Pac, and 311.

To name a few.

Also, Xin, I really have to disagree with ya' on screaming; it's pretty freakin' great, not gonna' lie.
Reply
Like

Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 02:54

08 Jan 2011, 04:28 #15

My brother was listening to some sort of metal band where they basicaly sing "words" like pum da diddly instead of using instruments. There were some repricussion instruments, and maybe drums but no guitars or anything like that.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!
Reply
Like

Joined: 28 Jun 2010, 07:22

08 Jan 2011, 06:47 #16

Iro the Dude @ Jan 8 2011, 04:18 AM wrote: I guess my tastes vary on my mood. Some artists I listen to are:

AC/DC, Aerosmith, Amon Amarth, Anthrax, Alice in Chains, Alter Bridge, Apathy, Avenged Sevenfold, Beastie Boys, Beatles, Beck, Billy Idol, Billy Talent, Black Sabbath, Bob Marley, Bon Jovi, Buck Cherry, Bush, Cavo, Celph Titled, Chickenfoot, Chumbawumba, Collective Soul, Cypress Hill, Def Leppard, Deftones, Demigodz, Dio, Disturbed, Dope, Dr. Dre, Foo Fighters, Fort Minor, Godsmack, Gorillaz, Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Halestorm, House of Pain, Jane's Addiction, Jedi Mind Tricks, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Linkin Park, Lupe Fiasco, Megadeth, Metallica, Motley Crüe, Motörhead, Mudvayne, Nirvana, Offspring, Ozzy Osbourne, Pink Floyd, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Rush, Scorpions, Serj Tankien, Shinedown, Since October, Skindred, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Stone Sour, Stone Temple Pilots, System of a Down, Temple of the Dog, Tesla, Third Eye Blind, Three Days Grace, Three Doors Down, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Van Halen, Velvet Revolver, Whitesnake, X-Ecutioners, 2-Pac, and 311.

To name a few.

Also, Xin, I really have to disagree with ya' on screaming; it's pretty freakin' great, not gonna' lie.
[color=0099cc]When did you become a fan of screaming? Last I heard you only liked it in moderation.

And I don't know if it counts as metal without guitars... that's kinda' the whole point of metal, isn't it?

~X[/color]
Reply
Like

Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 23:53

08 Jan 2011, 21:47 #17

Over the last semester of school. Dunno', it's pretty cool.
Reply
Like

Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 19:16

09 Jan 2011, 14:53 #18

Takal @ Jan 7 2011, 10:54 PM wrote:

P.S. Kieran (Porsche 997) asks Monasti if he likes 'Bullet for My Valentine.'[/color]
GOOD WELSH BAND!!!!

And :P Xinlo. You like Metallica. So shh :P
I'm currently selling my entire Bionicle/Hero Factory collection, if you're interested PM me
Reply
Like

Joined: 28 Jun 2010, 07:22

10 Jan 2011, 01:53 #19

Monasti @ Jan 9 2011, 02:53 PM wrote:
Takal @ Jan 7 2011, 10:54 PM wrote:

P.S. Kieran (Porsche 997) asks Monasti if he likes 'Bullet for My Valentine.'[/color]
GOOD WELSH BAND!!!!

And :P Xinlo. You like Metallica. So shh :P
[color=0099cc]No. Just no. That's like comparing Belgian chocolate to edible oil products. No.

Metallica is -the- most famous, best selling, and successful Metal bands of all time.

Slipknot's just a bunch of wannabes in stupid masks who think they're god's gift to music.

No.

(Also, of course, this is all my opinion. I don't want to come off as all elitist like everyone on BZP, but slipknot is the only band that I absolutely despise.)

~X[/color]
Reply
Like

Joined: 07 Jan 2011, 15:47

10 Jan 2011, 23:19 #20

I mostly like rock
But if you go into the bands, I like: Skillet, Red, Evanescence, Linkin Park and a bunch more (ok maybe not a bunch :P)
Reply
Like

Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 23:53

11 Jan 2011, 01:22 #21

@Xin: Considering the cuurent state of hip-hop and a decent amount of pop music in general, fame, sales, and success do not dictate a good artist. Just sayin', that's not a real good defense.
Scotus @ Jan 10 2011, 03:19 PM wrote: Skillet
So... uh... Skillet should just be called "Et" because there's no Skill in their music.

*thunderous cheers and applause*

Yeah....
Reply
Like

Joined: 28 Jun 2010, 07:22

11 Jan 2011, 04:19 #22

[color=0099cc]Fair enough, but they were the best selling band of the 80s, and the 80s were awesome in every aspect music-wise.

My point is slipknot is terrible. And you better not go revoke that opinion on me aswell, because I may have to stop talking to you if that happens.

~X[/color]
Reply
Like

Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 23:53

11 Jan 2011, 06:06 #23

No, I still don't care for Slipknot. Never saw the appeal.

There are much better artists out there like, say, Alter Bridge, which is a really cool band. Honestly, their new AB III album is the best thing released in 2010, beating out Godsmack's, Ozzy's, Slash's, Linkin Park's, and a whole load of others' new releases. I think only a Tesla album could`ve been better.
Reply
Like

Joined: 28 Jun 2010, 07:22

11 Jan 2011, 07:06 #24

[color=0099cc]I dunno', there were some great ones released in 2010. But I'll check it out. Laughin' Man said thy were awesome too, so I'll have to download their new album.

~X[/color]
Reply
Like

Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 23:53

11 Jan 2011, 07:17 #25

Xinlo @ Jan 10 2011, 11:06 PM wrote: [color=0099cc]I dunno', there were some great ones released in 2010. But I'll check it out. Laughin' Man said thy were awesome too, so I'll have to download buy their new album.

~X[/color]
Uh-uh; this album merits an actual purchase. Full price, and it's still worth it.
Reply
Like

Joined: 28 Jun 2010, 07:22

11 Jan 2011, 19:34 #26

Iro the Dude @ Jan 11 2011, 07:17 AM wrote:
Xinlo @ Jan 10 2011, 11:06 PM wrote: [color=0099cc]I dunno', there were some great ones released in 2010. But I'll check it out. Laughin' Man said thy were awesome too, so I'll have to download buy their new album.

~X[/color]
Uh-uh; this album merits an actual purchase. Full price, and it's still worth it.
[color=0099cc]Nah I don't work that way. I have so little money, I can't risk buying an album I won't like. I download first, then if I like it, I'll buy it. So it's downloading right now, and I'll be going to a city in march, so I'll be able to pick up a ton of CDs there.

~X[/color]
Reply
Like

Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 13:02

11 Jan 2011, 20:04 #27

Xinlo @ Jan 11 2011, 07:34 PM wrote:
Iro the Dude @ Jan 11 2011, 07:17 AM wrote:
Xinlo @ Jan 10 2011, 11:06 PM wrote: [color=0099cc]I dunno', there were some great ones released in 2010. But I'll check it out. Laughin' Man said thy were awesome too, so I'll have to download buy their new album.

~X[/color]
Uh-uh; this album merits an actual purchase. Full price, and it's still worth it.
[color=0099cc]Nah I don't work that way. I have so little money, I can't risk buying an album I won't like. I download first, then if I like it, I'll buy it. So it's downloading right now, and I'll be going to a city in march, so I'll be able to pick up a ton of CDs there.

~X[/color]
I'd agree with Xinlo's outlook: It's best to know what you're buying.
It's not illegal, it's just cheating.

I'm into exam time right now... I'll be checking up frequently, but I don't expect to be posting in the next two weeks or so unless something really catches my eye.
Reply
Like

Joined: 28 Jun 2010, 07:22

11 Jan 2011, 20:09 #28

Takal @ Jan 11 2011, 08:04 PM wrote:
Xinlo @ Jan 11 2011, 07:34 PM wrote:
Iro the Dude @ Jan 11 2011, 07:17 AM wrote: Uh-uh; this album merits an actual purchase. Full price, and it's still worth it.
[color=0099cc]Nah I don't work that way. I have so little money, I can't risk buying an album I won't like. I download first, then if I like it, I'll buy it. So it's downloading right now, and I'll be going to a city in march, so I'll be able to pick up a ton of CDs there.

~X[/color]
I'd agree with Xinlo's outlook: It's best to know what you're buying.
[color=0099cc]Thanks. :P

By the sounds of it though, I'll definitely be buying this album.

~X[/color]
Reply
Like

Joined: 18 Jul 2009, 22:59

12 Jan 2011, 02:38 #29

Coldplay, 30 Seconds to Mars, Guster, Angels and Airwaves, Depesche Mode, Rise Against, Armin van Buuren, Tiesto, ATB, Hanz Zimmer, John Powell, Lady Gaga, MC Lars, Modest Mouse, and a vast assortment of other bands and names, mostly singles.

~EW~
Reply
Like

Joined: 31 Dec 2010, 20:58

14 Jan 2011, 03:22 #30

Just feel like adding that slipknot sucks
Reply
Like