Mutran's Hive (Entrance)

Mutran's Hive (Entrance)

02 Jan 2011, 22:25 #1

This entrance corridor leads along the ground floor for a good few hundred Bio until it reaches the central staircase. At the entrance itself, light barely enters before the shadow overpowers it. A series of corridors off to the side all contain either rubble, or the far-off red lamps of Rahi eyes. Kraata slither across the floor in all directions, though never close enough to you to do any damage. The corridor is 'illuminated' by a row of dull purple lightstones down both sides, though none do much to reveal the nature of the hallway around them.

Sites within the Area
Mutran's Hive Exterior
Central Staircase
It's not illegal, it's just cheating.

I'm into exam time right now... I'll be checking up frequently, but I don't expect to be posting in the next two weeks or so unless something really catches my eye.

05 Jun 2011, 00:41 #2

"Wow, I know you said that this place used to be on fire, but this looks like one of Radiak's rampant flames." Said Solek.
Honestly, I couldn't care less about what you or anyone else things, I'm just going to kill you becaue you're starting to annoy me.- Xerus, Toa of Shadows

05 Jun 2011, 03:40 #3

"If any of you manage to grab a kraata, toss it my way. Id love to test the rahkshi gun."
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

05 Jun 2011, 10:09 #4

Nuara hurries in after the others, but before she reaches them, a kraata slithers over her foot. Kicking it off with a panicked flail, she curses with surprising vulgarity before smiling meekly at Imatron.

"It got away." she apologises, lighting a sphere of plasma upon the tip of her haliberd to give a little extra light.

I'm into exam time right now... I'll be checking up frequently, but I don't expect to be posting in the next two weeks or so unless something really catches my eye.

05 Jun 2011, 19:54 #5

"You know, if you want, I can lighten up the density of the shadows around here to make it brighter." said Solek.
Honestly, I couldn't care less about what you or anyone else things, I'm just going to kill you becaue you're starting to annoy me.- Xerus, Toa of Shadows

05 Jun 2011, 23:28 #6

"That kind of elemental expendature'll draw unwanted attention. I don't want to run into anything, right?"
She shudders as another gust of air blows down a side tunnel.
"Besides, I don't want to be able to see what's down those passageways."

06 Jun 2011, 02:23 #7

"If you insist." Solek continues walking down the seemingly long corridor.

06 Jun 2011, 13:40 #8

Still facing the entrance, Nuara backs after the others, constantly and cautiously checking every corner as she passes.

"Wish Zahnok was here..." she mutters under her breath. "Or my cowardly brother." she adds, joking to herself.

06 Jun 2011, 23:02 #9

"Or you could just blow out every living organic life form before entering, Makuta don't count, what with being Antidermis and all that." said Solek.

07 Jun 2011, 00:10 #10

"'Blow out,' Solek? Not sure what you mean." Nuara answers without looking back.

"I'm no Toa of Air - not that stupid and reckless. At least, I hope I'm not." she adds, almost tripping over a chunk of melted metal as she walks backwards over it.

"I suppose, in retrospect, our demolition attempts could have been more thoughrough. We wouldn't have any reason to come back."

08 Jun 2011, 03:37 #11

"If Solek is as powerful as he says, and assuming the local phsyics arent supressing his powers, maybe he could do you the favor of vapourizing the place?" Imatron said, more or less joking. His eyes begin to shift as he searches a memory, and taking a more serious tone; "Though I have seen one legitimate toa of nuclear energy before, perhaps Solek was destined to be another such toa before the leeches..."

off topic: I have to make a Toa of Nukes now.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

08 Jun 2011, 15:51 #12

"Torix is the only thing standing between this place and a Nova Blast." Nuara admits. "She says the 'scientific advancements' made by Mutran may work to our benefit. I don't care, I want nothing more than to see what's left burn with the rest."

"What?" she temporarily turns, smiling. "I don't have much of a capacity for elemental charge. My Nova'd be only twenty Kio or so in diameter."

08 Jun 2011, 19:30 #13

"Eh, well, at least you won't kill a whole fourth of a planet... like this guy," said Valeia, pointing at Solek, "But I still don't recomend encouraging him to try."

08 Jun 2011, 21:08 #14

"Again with the world-destroying powers? I thought someone like that would be a little more careful, more responsible. Knowing my abilities, though, going Nova would probably get me fourth-degree burns all-over... Gotta say, If you're going to steal someone away from society and forcibly change their element, at least do it right. I mean, whoever heard of a Toa of ice getting frostbite, or a Toa of plantlife with pollen allergies?"

09 Jun 2011, 01:03 #15

"That is[i/] interesting..." said Solek. "Wait, how come Takal doesn't seem to be affected as much?"

09 Jun 2011, 06:17 #16

"He is. He runs out of elemental power just as fast as I do, but I think his armour's insulated or his Kiril deals with it. I suppose I could have created better armour, but I was a little distracted during my transformation. I can handle higher temperatures than most, but plasma's too much."

"Tell me when to stop. Don't wanna fall into the stairwell."

10 Jun 2011, 14:38 #17

A section of the ceiling fell to the floor, causing everybody to jump back.

10 Jun 2011, 15:54 #18

"Mata-!"
The end of Nuara's statement is cut off by the hiss of plasma, melting not only through the fallen chunk of roof, but the floor underneath it, also.

Clamping a hand over her heartlight, she falls against the wall beside her, breathing irregularly. After a few moments, she struggles for words.

"That- ...I..." still hyperventilating, she pushes herself back up onto her feet, gripping the halberd's handle tighter than before.

11 Jun 2011, 17:18 #19

"If a place was burnt to a crisp, you've got to expect something like this." said Solek.

11 Jun 2011, 19:13 #20

"Two years ago, Solek. I thought the dust - okay, the roof - would have settled."

"But I suppose you're used to this kind of thing, aren't you?" she suddenly snaps "I bet the Great Solek eats places like these for breakfast! Let me tell you something: I'm never going to get used to this. These things don't make me stronger, 'cause each time I leave with more scars, less living friends and another recurring nightmare!"

I apologise for the "Great Solek" bit, but I'm trying to stay in character. She's terrified, so she's lashing out like a cornered animal. I don't mean it, and nor does she.

13 Jun 2011, 02:39 #21

*Konk* Imatron knocks once on Nuara's head from behind with the end of his staff, not enough to do any harm, just enough to almost hurt.

"Get ahold of yourself before I have you sedated, an angry toa is hardly an effective one."

13 Jun 2011, 06:29 #22

Nuara stands stunned for a few seconds, before sagging her shoulder and hanging her head.

"Sorry, Toa. I-" she struggles for an appropriate apology. "It won't happen again."

13 Jun 2011, 07:15 #23

"Dont worry, we can tell your especialy stressed to be here, you just have to keep yourself from slipping too far into your bad memories. You cant change what happened before but you can be ready to keep it from happening again. If you do everything you can now then youl have no regrets later."

13 Jun 2011, 18:48 #24

"Thanks, Imatron. Let's just get this over with: I- I don't wanna be down here any longer than I have to be."

24 Jun 2011, 01:28 #25

Imatron begins searching for the closest pathway in the rubble of the room.

"Hm, I see a way back up, or should we dig a way through the rubble to see if theres a lower level we can access?"

24 Jun 2011, 06:14 #26

"I'm not leaving empty-handed." Nuara confirms. "There's a central staircase at the end of this hall, and from what I understand, Torix's camp is on the lowest landing."

"Hang on..." she pokes her head through the doorway, looking immediately towards a melted hole in the far wall. "Yeah, this is how Takal and I broke in last time, which means..." she pulls back, directing the glare from her haliberd down the corridor "...It's not far to the stairs."

07 Aug 2011, 22:59 #27

Valeia was soon lost, but heard Nuara talking about stairs and finding them, and walks in her direction, but trips halfway there. "I think I found them!" she yells.

08 Aug 2011, 00:12 #28

Mind where you're standing - the staircase'll get worse. One of the wall supports collapsed when I was on my way out last time - took out a good chunk of the stairwell in its way down."

"And don't get distracted and wander off at the landings. I haven't been in even a quarter of this place before. I don't know what else is in here."