Nuveri vs Gali

A forum for BIONICLE-related drawings, music and other fan creations.

Nuveri vs Gali

19 Jan 2015, 07:27 #1

Nuveri vs Gali [LEGO Bionicle Stop Motion]: http://youtu.be/-ZpMlZb3OR8

This is my first attempt at stop motion. So cut me some slack yo! Lol!
As always, like, comment, and subscribe! :)

I realized that making fight scenes is pretty difficult. Lately I've been looking at other "cheesy" Bio-mation on YouTube to see what "cheap tactics" that other Bio-tubers use so they don't have to go through rough animation.

07 Nov 2016, 00:37 #2

Matoro @ Jan 19 2015, 07:27 AM wrote: Nuveri vs Gali [LEGO Bionicle Stop Motion]: http://youtu.be/-ZpMlZb3OR8

This is my first attempt at stop motion. So cut me some slack yo! Lol!
As always, like, comment, and subscribe! :)

I realized that making fight scenes is pretty difficult. Lately I've been looking at other "cheesy" Bio-mation on YouTube to see what "cheap tactics" that other Bio-tubers use so they don't have to go through rough animation.
Well, it took me centuries to respond to this, but now that I have, I'm happy to have watched it. I also have quite a bit of experience with system stopmotion, so, perhaps I can give you a few tips.

Also, I did subscribe. Now that I have a youtube account I can :)

Comments: Sounds, noises, and sound quality was great. 10/10, and I mean that with complete honesty. Also loved the music bite at the beginning, as I know exactly where its from. (BIONICLE Heroes GBA forever!!!)

Your camera stuff was a bit blurry towards, but, for your first attempt, the frame rate and pictures, as well as lighting for the most part was very good (infinitely, and I cannot emphasize this enough, infinitely better than my first attempts). For lighting, I'm not sure what you did, but, as a general idea: make sure no light sources are to your back (to prevent shadow), and that, if you have a bright lamp, (a) use it, and (B) make certain that, if you're in a room with exterior lighting (i.e., lights, windows, etc.), make the room as dark as possible. Also, though I assume you know about this, for close-ups, use macro setting (a button that looks like a flower on most cameras). It tends to work better for closer ups.

Now, don't take me as ripping you to shreds on this one. I've said that before and not meant it, but really, as someone who's tried (and horrible failed), with BIONICLE stopmotion before, I have deep respect for anyone willing to try.

But just to restate the positives: frame rate was a bold and sucessful step in the right direction. YAY!! The camera was still the entire time. Very dynamic fighting. And great sound integration.

And now I really want to know about your characters. Will have to check up on your old MoCs...

And, I'm looking forward to more in the future.
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!

05 Mar 2017, 17:45 #3

In short, I really liked it!

It might be my nostalgia, but I have a really big appreciation for these kinds of "low budget" stop-motion videos, if that's an appropriate way to describe it.

The lighting was pretty consistent, which is a good thing. I also liked how you were able to convey what was happening in each scene without having to pay close attention to minute details, which is something that frequently appears in other stop-motions.

I would suggest that you work on making the combat sequence to be a bit more "fluid," as it's rather rigid awkward right now. But that's something that comes with practice, so there's not much that can be done in that area right now.

Anyway, I really liked it! Hope you make more in the future!