Should we bring roleplay to Mask of Destiny?

Ask questions and provide feedback about Mask Of Destiny here.

Should we bring roleplay to Mask of Destiny?

13 Mar 2017, 00:08 #1

I think that opening up a roleplay section here would help to bring in new activity.

There also seems to be something about a MODRPG on the home page, but the link is dead. I'd be interested in helping to revive a site-sanctioned roleplay if the people here find it to be a worthy endeavor.

13 Mar 2017, 03:19 #3

Hmm. This forum still seems very short on activity. If you had a sufficient playerbase to run one, it would probably increase activity around here yonderabouts. Not a bad plan.

I will not be participating in a would-be RPG much however. I still have too many bad memories from previous RPG experiences.

28 Mar 2017, 14:11 #4

I would actually be totally down for that. I've never been part of a reasonably sized RPG before, and have either been the one, lonely player, or just that guy in a group of hundred of people.

I want to say that the official RPG is still lurking on the forums though, despite the bad link ...

EDIT: Nope, turns out I was wrong. I still remember having played an RPG on here before though ... *Looks around conspiritorially*

:P
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!

10 Apr 2017, 22:57 #6

Maybe Im looking at the wrong thing, but I think this is the link to the game section for some RPGs:
http://forums.maskofdestiny.com/index.php?showforum=9

Then there's this which is for multi topic RPGs using individual topics to represent areas and other more complex ideas:
http://forums.maskofdestiny.com/index.php?showforum=19

This one is mine, and I've had more complete versions of it posted on the other forums, but never got around to finishing it with the lack of demand. Are you thinking of that by chance?
http://forums.maskofdestiny.com/index.php?showforum=20

I wonder if we can put together a small campaign, maybe if its quick enough to be played in a week or a day, it won't be lost to inactivity?
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

11 Apr 2017, 17:47 #7

I like that idea. We should probably organize it 3-5 weeks in advance, so as to have time to prepare and such, but I'd do it. Maybe this summer would work? I'm not sure if anyone else has school still (I know that you don't Immy :P), but with school, I can't spare a whole week ... :(

Would you want to ref, Immy? Ghid apparently has experience with the online RPG format. I can ref IRL paper RPGs, but don't have a clue as how to do it online ...

Anyhow, that would be ueber fun.
-Vezok

12 Apr 2017, 02:37 #8

Ref, as in referee?

Im not sure what that entails, but I would be interested in trying to play somehow.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

12 Apr 2017, 12:29 #9

Imatron @ Apr 12 2017, 02:37 AM wrote: Ref, as in referee?

Im not sure what that entails, but I would be interested in trying to play somehow.
Yup.

And, like I said, if it were a paper RPG, I could do referee no problem, but I'm not sure how different paper and online are, so yeah.
-Vezok

17 Apr 2017, 20:06 #10

If it's only a week, I might be able to suffer playing. I have experience playing and hosting online RPGs. I'd much rather someone else host, though. That job was way too demanding for me the last time I did it.

I'd take an advisory role if someone's confused though on how to do it. Eh heh.

18 Apr 2017, 00:15 #11

Yeah, given that RPGs can kind of go off in different directions based on user input without the right structure set up ahead of time, it can be tricky to run, especially at longer campaigns.

Maybe I can try building a classic zelda'ish dungeon map block by block, have a few puzzle and trap rooms, and upload an updated map as we play?

21 May 2017, 00:34 #12

fishers64 @ Apr 17 2017, 08:06 PM wrote: If it's only a week, I might be able to suffer playing. I have experience playing and hosting online RPGs. I'd much rather someone else host, though. That job was way too demanding for me the last time I did it.

I'd take an advisory role if someone's confused though on how to do it. Eh heh.
Yeah, we should have a discussion about that. I'm 99% done with school for this summer, and if we want to work out a week to do it, I can (probably) pull together for that long and do one of those things.

And I like Immy's idea about the Zelda thing. It would be a pretty simple starter for beginners to play with, and we could build off of that.

Should we design our own island, or just use a pre-existing one, like Mata-Nui or (this would be pretty cool), a deserted Metru-Nui?
-Vezok