So a DS, PSP, and iPhone walk into a bar...

Vote on topics not related to BIONICLE here.

So a DS, PSP, and iPhone walk into a bar...

Joined: 30 Jan 2010, 05:18

12 Aug 2011, 04:40 #1

Which is better gameplay wise?

Total votes: 8
1(13%)
4(50%)
1(13%)
2(25%)

Which do you think is better?
Who's a silly pony?
Reply
Like

Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 13:02

12 Aug 2011, 08:25 #2

I've never been much of a fan of the DS, the games all seem to be glorified minigames, new pokemon (which was a plus until I actually saw some of them) or another Mario game. I suppose the iPod/Phones out at the moment have the best web browser, but the games look like boring minigames. So PSP, then. Monster Hunter, enough said.
It's not illegal, it's just cheating.

I'm into exam time right now... I'll be checking up frequently, but I don't expect to be posting in the next two weeks or so unless something really catches my eye.
Reply
Like

Joined: 10 May 2011, 00:26

12 Aug 2011, 13:42 #3

I dont like any of them. The DS jad a couple good games, but most were bad, the iPhone I don't even consider a console, and the PSP only has 2 games I accully want.
You know whats my choice? The Game Boy Advance. :D
Must the show go on?
Reply
Like

Joined: 30 Jan 2010, 05:18

12 Aug 2011, 14:18 #4

Takal @ Aug 12 2011, 02:25 AM wrote: I've never been much of a fan of the DS, the games all seem to be glorified minigames, new pokemon (which was a plus until I actually saw some of them) or another Mario game. I suppose the iPod/Phones out at the moment have the best web browser, but the games look like boring minigames. So PSP, then. Monster Hunter, enough said.
iPhone actually has some pretty cool games(N.O.V.A., Modern Combat, etr), but yeah most were mini games. :/ and when I had an iPhone, the web browser sucked. :P
Who's a silly pony?
Reply
Like

Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 02:54

13 Aug 2011, 00:02 #5

My ipod was actualy one of the most conveinient web browsers Ive ever used besides a PC. I can browse most pages easier with the ipod than I can with my PC. The games on the ipod arent always the best, especialy when it comes down to interface, but for the price there are some well done games, like Plants Vrs Zombies. Even the Dead Space tittle works suprisingly well. I dont have NOVA on the ipod, but I own the HD version for an android 7" tablet. ..Im still fighting with them to refund my money for it since it wont save, and has a ton of glitches that prevent game completion. Gameloft says they cant refund a game based on "user error", but its not my fault that their website advertised a version of the game was designed specificaly for my P1010 Galaxy tab.

Both the PSP and DS have tittles I like, but I suppose in the end the PSP is the better machine for me. The 3DS however has been a significant dissapointment, mostly because all the games I wanted for it got delayed until next year, or canceled. I dont have a single game for it, and now the price has already dropped so much that I could have saved enough to buy two games for it >_<
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!
Reply
Like

Joined: 30 Jan 2010, 05:18

13 Aug 2011, 02:26 #6

Adrninistrator @ Aug 12 2011, 06:02 PM wrote: My ipod was actualy one of the most conveinient web browsers Ive ever used besides a PC. I can browse most pages easier with the ipod than I can with my PC. The games on the ipod arent always the best, especialy when it comes down to interface, but for the price there are some well done games, like Plants Vrs Zombies. Even the Dead Space tittle works suprisingly well. I dont have NOVA on the ipod, but I own the HD version for an android 7" tablet. ..Im still fighting with them to refund my money for it since it wont save, and has a ton of glitches that prevent game completion. Gameloft says they cant refund a game based on "user error", but its not my fault that their website advertised a version of the game was designed specificaly for my P1010 Galaxy tab.

Both the PSP and DS have tittles I like, but I suppose in the end the PSP is the better machine for me. The 3DS however has been a significant dissapointment, mostly because all the games I wanted for it got delayed until next year, or canceled. I dont have a single game for it, and now the price has already dropped so much that I could have saved enough to buy two games for it >_<
Meh, my phone was messed up and kept switching the position of the screen. :P
NOVA isn't glitchy on iPhone. d:
And since you bought the 3ds at the high price you get like 20 free download games.
Who's a silly pony?
Reply
Like

Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 23:53

13 Aug 2011, 02:29 #7

Wait for the Vita if you're leaning towards the PSP. It should come out early next year, from what I've heard. I imagine its web browser's better than the regular-grade PSP, though I have no clue if it'd be backwards-compatible with its games...
Reply
Like

Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 02:54

13 Aug 2011, 02:41 #8

I have no faith in Sony to make a good web browser. Given the nature of the device though, theyl probably think to outsource for a decent browser on the vita.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!
Reply
Like

Joined: 14 Oct 2009, 21:50

13 Aug 2011, 03:50 #9

I say The Nintendo DS is the best mobile gaming experience I have yet. Just because it has Super Mario 64.
Reply
Like

Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 23:53

13 Aug 2011, 04:06 #10

Matoro @ Aug 12 2011, 07:50 PM wrote: I say The Nintendo DS is the best mobile gaming experience I have yet. Just because it has Super Mario 64.
But you can get an emulator on the PSP (Vita, maybe) and play the original on it easily. Plus that'd allow for one to play Ocarina of Time and other classics on the PSP (it's not like the DS has had many great games on it).
Reply
Like

Joined: 30 Jan 2010, 05:18

14 Aug 2011, 03:13 #11

So I'm the only one who liked the PSP's browser? d:
Who's a silly pony?
Reply
Like

Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 13:02

14 Aug 2011, 09:37 #12

I use it frequently (as in: right now), and I still can't get over how slow and limited it is.
It's not illegal, it's just cheating.

I'm into exam time right now... I'll be checking up frequently, but I don't expect to be posting in the next two weeks or so unless something really catches my eye.
Reply
Like

Joined: 14 Nov 2010, 03:35

14 Aug 2011, 16:48 #13

I-Pad/I-Pod has N.O.V.A, which is as close to Halo as you can get, Gambeboy Advanced SP is something that I actually HAVE though, and I kinda like that. DS can play GBA and GBC games, but can't utilize the trading and the interatction stuff, but DOES have Megaman ZX, as for the PSP, I'm not too sure about, as I've never used one. So I can't say that I have a favourite
Honestly, I couldn't care less about what you or anyone else things, I'm just going to kill you becaue you're starting to annoy me.- Xerus, Toa of Shadows
Reply
Like

Joined: 30 Jan 2010, 05:18

14 Aug 2011, 20:53 #14

Takal @ Aug 14 2011, 03:37 AM wrote: I use it frequently (as in: right now), and I still can't get over how slow and limited it is.
Lol, I haven't had a PSP since I was like 13/14. :P So I don't remember it well.
Who's a silly pony?
Reply
Like

Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 22:54

14 Aug 2011, 21:24 #15

I had both a DS lite and PSP for a long time, and I always liked my PSP better. I'm a sucker for good graphics and mature, intensive gameplay. Playing the GTA series on PSP was one of my favorite gaming experiences.

However, as just a general device, I love my iPhone more than any of them. It's like having a fully featured laptop in your pocket, and some of the games are really impressive, like Archetype.
the original.
Reply
Like

Joined: 30 Jan 2010, 05:18

14 Aug 2011, 22:27 #16

Luke @ Aug 14 2011, 03:24 PM wrote: I had both a DS lite and PSP for a long time, and I always liked my PSP better. I'm a sucker for good graphics and mature, intensive gameplay. Playing the GTA series on PSP was one of my favorite gaming experiences.

However, as just a general device, I love my iPhone more than any of them. It's like having a fully featured laptop in your pocket, and some of the games are really impressive, like Archetype.
I love Archetype. :P

And that was something I didn't like about DS, it had like almost no M rated games, or good shooters. :/
Who's a silly pony?
Reply
Like

Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 22:54

14 Aug 2011, 23:42 #17

Shadrahk @ Aug 14 2011, 05:27 PM wrote:
Luke @ Aug 14 2011, 03:24 PM wrote: I had both a DS lite and PSP for a long time, and I always liked my PSP better. I'm a sucker for good graphics and mature, intensive gameplay. Playing the GTA series on PSP was one of my favorite gaming experiences.

However, as just a general device, I love my iPhone more than any of them. It's like having a fully featured laptop in your pocket, and some of the games are really impressive, like Archetype.
I love Archetype. :P

And that was something I didn't like about DS, it had like almost no M rated games, or good shooters. :/
You should add me as a friend. My tag is DJstone.
the original.
Reply
Like

Joined: 30 Jan 2010, 05:18

15 Aug 2011, 03:34 #18

Luke @ Aug 14 2011, 05:42 PM wrote:
Shadrahk @ Aug 14 2011, 05:27 PM wrote:
Luke @ Aug 14 2011, 03:24 PM wrote: I had both a DS lite and PSP for a long time, and I always liked my PSP better. I'm a sucker for good graphics and mature, intensive gameplay. Playing the GTA series on PSP was one of my favorite gaming experiences.

However, as just a general device, I love my iPhone more than any of them. It's like having a fully featured laptop in your pocket, and some of the games are really impressive, like Archetype.
I love Archetype. :P

And that was something I didn't like about DS, it had like almost no M rated games, or good shooters. :/
You should add me as a friend. My tag is DJstone.
I'm currently iproductless. :/
Who's a silly pony?
Reply
Like

Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 21:34

15 Aug 2011, 20:11 #19

I must ask...does anyone else here besides me actually own a 3DS?
#ThreatToSurvival
Reply
Like

Joined: 30 Jan 2010, 05:18

15 Aug 2011, 23:04 #20

I think the adrin does. :P
Who's a silly pony?
Reply
Like

Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 22:54

16 Aug 2011, 22:44 #21

Shadrahk @ Aug 14 2011, 10:34 PM wrote:
Luke @ Aug 14 2011, 05:42 PM wrote:
Shadrahk @ Aug 14 2011, 05:27 PM wrote: I love Archetype. :P

And that was something I didn't like about DS, it had like almost no M rated games, or good shooters. :/
You should add me as a friend. My tag is DJstone.
I'm currently iproductless. :/
Haha you should get on that then. Although I'd wait another month for the new iProducts to be released.

I was thinking about getting the Vita when it's released, but I'm worried that the software is going to be very subpar. The tech specs sound really good, but the little "livearea" interface looks horrible.
the original.
Reply
Like

Joined: 30 Jan 2010, 05:18

22 Aug 2011, 19:49 #22

Luke @ Aug 16 2011, 04:44 PM wrote:
Shadrahk @ Aug 14 2011, 10:34 PM wrote:
Luke @ Aug 14 2011, 05:42 PM wrote: You should add me as a friend. My tag is DJstone.
I'm currently iproductless. :/
Haha you should get on that then. Although I'd wait another month for the new iProducts to be released.

I was thinking about getting the Vita when it's released, but I'm worried that the software is going to be very subpar. The tech specs sound really good, but the little "livearea" interface looks horrible.
xD yeah, that's what I don't like about Apple, there's a better one every year. :/
Who's a silly pony?
Reply
Like