The Friend

If you have a BIONICLE story to tell, share it here.

The Friend

09 Jul 2014, 14:50 #1

Here is my latest epic! The Comments Page is here.

Saga 1;Part 3
The Friend

Gaaduhk, a former Matoran mercenary, now a victim of Protodermic mutation, sat on his knees, staring at his reflection in the river in the early morning sunlight.
No mask, he thought, But I've got hands, feet and a head. More importantly, though, I've got power!!
Just hours before, Gaaduhk had cleverly escaped the Dark Hunter's facility on Odina. The problem was, he had no way to escape Odina, and he had no idea what to do anyway. He was pretty sure that he wanted to take revenge on the Dark Hunters, and he was certain that, despite the enormous power he now held, he wanted to be a normal Matoran again.
Well, as normal as I can be! he thought
Gaaduhk dipped his hands into the lightly rushing water of the river and was zapped back.
Odd.
He took his hands once more and plunged them into the rushing water. POW!!! Gaaduhk was blasted backwards by the shock of the water.
Okay. Can't touch water. That's helpful to know, but at the same time thoroughly annoying.
He rubbed his face and stood up. He bothered to take some of the electricity out of the air, and then with his hand which had once been a Zamor sphere launcher, he shot a small ball of lightening into the air, and began to toss it around.
He was currently on the far side of the island from the Dark Hunter facility, which was the south side of the island.
Gaaduhk took the electrical ball and continued to fling it until its electricity was entirely absorbed into him. There was the annoying thing about being able to use electricity, being that he could only absorb it, he couldn't create it. He could only channel it.
Might as well save it for whatever comes, he thought, I just hope that brute Airwatcher doesn't try to kill me! I don't have nearly enough energy to combat him.
Airwatcher, one of the Dark Hunter's members and a complete dolt, had fought Gaaduhk briefly the night before, but quadrillions of megajoules had not stopped him, only knocked him down. He just hoped that they didn't know he was vulnerable to water. If they did, they could easily kill him.
Gaaduhk continued to walk through the jungle, and eventually, he came across a cave.
The perfect place to hide!
Gaaduhk sucked just enough energy out of the air so that his body would glow, and then he walked into the huge, dark cave. He looked around, and using electrolocation- A type of sight used by eels -he found his way about the tunnels. Several times he passed small animal life, but none of it was harmful, and so he simply avoided it.
He was almost at the end when he sensed a huge organic life form at the end of the tunnel.
Karzahni! Gaaduhk thought.
He began to back up, when suddenly, he felt something behind him. That something put a dagger to his neck.
“I'd stop right there,” said a female voice, “if your life matters to you.”

Ancient walked up unhappily to the Shadowed One's throne. He bowed regally in front of the throne, and then took his place on the left hand side of the Shadowed One's throne.
“Well, Ancient, what's the report?” the Shadowed One asked, dully.
Ancient glanced unhappily at the Shadowed One and said “The experiment failed. I suggest that we...”
“I did not ask what you suggest!” the Shadowed One growled, but then smiled. He was happy, believe it or not.
“Don't we need another Matoran to preform the test on? Don't we need a leader of the army?”
The Shadowed One laughed “Ancient, you came up with an even more genius idea than that!”
“Being?”
“Sending our test subject after the Mech of Metru-Nui! Now we don't need an army leader. We've got a one machine army!”
Ancient shook his “Surely that is not more genius than making our own hybrids.”
“Oh, but my dear Ancient, I assure you that it is. Now, that science experiment has already cost us two test subjects, both of whom escaped. It's caused me enough trouble.”
“Yes, I believe that you are right, it has. What do we need to do next?”
“I've sent for an Airship. It will transport the Mech back to its island of origin.”
“Ah, a clever political scheme?”
“Yes, quite so. There is.....Something, in Metru-Nui which does not belong.”
“Ah,” Ancient said, not really understanding what the Shadowed One was speaking of.
But he did not explain it, instead he said “Now Ancient, I would like for you to go to Shadow Stealer and Mimic and relieve them of their scientific duties. This science project is no longer required. You are dismissed.”
Ancient bowed once more to the Shadowed One and then proceeded to walk down the steps and towards the large doors. Ancient opened one and it closed behind him. He looked at his Rhotuka Spinner, and he brushed the dust off of it.
“Today, you shall fly,” he said to it. He didn't really think it was alive though.
He walked down the long hallway, scowling at all of the wreckage that the mercenary had created. When he saw the prison cell, he found the last door on the left.
The science room, he thought.
The door to the room was closed, but it was unlocked. Mimic was not in the room, but Shadow Stealer was. This was all the better, the less witnesses, the less chance of any unwanted information leaking out.
Ancient opened the door “The Shadowed One wants you top stop the project.”
Shadow Stealer looked up “Oh he does.”
“Yes,” Ancient stood up behind Shadow Stealer and rammed his Rhotuka spinner into Shadow Stealer's back, “But if you ever want to see your torso connected to your head again, then you'll keep working on it in secret.”
Shadow Stealer turned his head almost all the way around “What power do you think you have to make me do what you want? I have greater power.”
Ancient sighed, and pulled the Rhotuka Spinner away from Shadow Stealer's back, but it was still aimed at him “Now, there are two reasons that I have survived so long. One is that the power is not in the blade but in the mind and in speediness of the feet. The second is that there were other enemies who doubted my prowess,” Ancient leaned so that his head was close to Shadow Stealer's ear, “They're all dead.”
“Alright, no need to make a fuss of it, I'll keep going. But I need Matoran.”
“Won't be trouble finding or capturing one, screaming brats that they are.”
Shadow Stealer resumed working.
Ancient began to walk out of the room, but he turned around and said “And if any who I have not told knows about this, then I will find you, slowly twist your legs off, slowly twist your arms off, and then leave you dying, screaming with pain. So don't let anyone hear, please.”

Gaaduhk was stuck up against the figure that had suddenly pulled the knife on him, but he was not worried.
He glanced sideways, only moving his eyes. The hands are on the neck and the shoulder, so if I pour my electricity there then...
POP!!! WHIZ!!!
The being jerked back and dropped the knife. It clattered to the floor, and skittered far out of the being's reached
“Aggh!!!” the being seemed to be in extreme agony as the electricity sizzled on her hands.
Gaaduhk quickly poured electrical energy into his right hand and used it as a light. He was startled to find that she looked exactly like him, except that she had a mask and was transparent blue instead of yellow. Her eyes were shut tight, and her membrain glowed, pulsing like it too was in pain.
Gaaduhk looked at her hands and saw that they were smoking. No, not smoking, he realized, Steaming!
Suddenly, her eyes opened and she glared at him angrily. Suddenly, her whole body dissolved into a puddle of pure, liquid water. The puddle just sat there in the dark cavern, not moving at all. Then, with the agility of a snake, the water shot across the room towards his feet.
He lurched his foot forth into the puddle and shot a small electrical charge into it. It jerked back and then formed into the being again. Her whole body was steaming now, and she was obviously in great pain.
However, he wasn't interested in pressing the advantage, he was only thinking, There is another like me?
It seemed impossible. The only way that protodermis could mutate two individuals in the exact same way would be if that substance had been scientifically altered somehow. Which would mean that they were both part of.....
“A test,” she said, saying the first words he'd heard her speak, still cringing in pain, “All we are is a test. And I see that they've finally controlled someone.”
Some of this made sense to Gaaduhk. Of course they wanted to control him. They said as much themselves. But a test? Why?
“Why?” Gaaduhk demanded.
“They want us to be war commanders for a new breed of Elemental Warriors.”
Elemental, Gaaduhk thought, I like it. Then I'll call myself that.
“I'm and Elemental, yes. But I'm not with them.”
“Why'd you. Argh! Attack me then?”
“You attacked me! I was acting in self defence.”
“Then why did you go into my cave?”
“I was looking for a place to hide from them. We all need a place to hide from the Dark Hunters.”
She stopped steaming now, and she smiled, offering her hand to Gaaduhk so he could help her up.
“What's your name stranger?” she asked, standing up
“I'm Gaaduhk,” Gaaduhk said
“Adreana,” she responded, “Pleasure to meet another who is as myself.”
Gaaduhk said “Allies then?”
“Allies? I suppose so. Doing what exactly?”
Gaaduhk frowned “Revenge.”
“What? Against the Dark Hunters? I'd be fine to take revenge if it were easy but-”
“I'll die if I can find the cure for this. How to turn me back to a Matoran. Wouldn't you? Don't you want to leave? To see your home again?”
Adreana faltered “Yes,” she said slowly, “what are you getting at stranger?”
“What I'm getting at is that airships come in and out of this island.”
“Not on regularity though,” Adreana countered, “but continue.”
“Do you know what they transport?”
“Oh, prisoners? More and more Dark Hunters?”
Gaaduhk shook his head “No, they take scientific experiments from one island to their other island.”
“I thought that Shadow Stealer or whatever he was called and the other being did that.”
“They do, but they're the not the main scientists. I've heard them talk of others. If we can get on an airship, and get to that island, then we can find that scientist and squeeze the information out of him.”
“Awfully violent, isn't it?”
“I will get my revenge. If you don't want revenge, then you don't need to take it.”
Adreana shrugged “Your choice, stranger, not mine,” she walked past him, and towards the enterance.
Gaaduhk cringed and reached out his arm “You know that there's a huge organic lifeform back there?”
Adreana turned, and smiled “I'm counting on it. Now, stranger, follow me, and trust.”
She continued walking and Gaaduhk did so hesitantly. Trust was not his thing. In his line of work, betrayal was the trade for trust. To get betrayed was actually a good thing, it meant that you were respected as a danger. It was the only respect the you got in his business.
“Do you think that you can defeat it?” Gaaduhk asked
“I'm hoping that I shouldn't need to fight it at all, stranger.”
“That thing's as big as a Kanohi Dragon. It very well may be......”
“Just move stranger. You're out of electricity anyway. Nothing you can do against me now.”
Gaaduhk continued the Long Walk. They were about at the entrance when Gaaduhk would have sworn that there was a door in the path.
“Achuum!!!” Adreana cried out at the entrance. She stopped in her tracks.
“Gesundheit. Is that your home?”
Adreana turned to him, her face gleaming, literally, and emotionally “No, it's my pet.”
“Your pet?”
Suddenly, the doors opened. They were actually doors. Inside, a fiery light glowed.
Adreana flourished her hand at the entrance “After you. Into the mouth of the beast.”
Gaaduhk shivered The scary thing is that she probably means it literally.
However, Gaaduhk entered the room. He still shivered. He stopped dead at the first view of the inside. It was definitely the monster, and yet it was not. The first thing that you would see was a furnace with hundreds of mask pieces. The next thing you would see was what surrounded it. A forest on one side, a tundra behind the furnace, straight forward. Finally, an ocean to the right.
Gaaduhk's jaw hung slack, and smiling devilishly, Adreana slipped past him.
After granting him a minute of gaping, she turned and said “I've never let any other living person see him. However, before those individuals died, they looked like you.”
Gaaduhk sent a small shock through himself and helped himself from the daze.
“What's his name?” Gaaduhk asked, and then his jaw went slack again.
“I gave him the name Achuum, because he almost says that when he roars.”
“I don't think I want to hear him roar,” Gaaduhk said, “I see you've dabbled in mask making.”
Adreana adjusted her mask, which needed no adjusting “Dabbled? No, I'm a full mask maker.”
Gaaduhk was hesitant “I'd like to have a mask. Could you teach me how?”
“Perhaps. Tomorrow certainly. But don't you wonder what Achuum is?”
“No,” Gaaduhk said honestly. He was not usually so irritable, but her annoyances were getting on his last nerves.
“Well, he's a mutant, like us. He really fits a part of our team. He shape shifts, inside and out. But the Dark Hunters can't keep us,” Adreana turned away.
“But I'd like to talk.”
“Tomorrow. I'll sleep now.”
“But it's broad daylight.”
Just then, the lights inside of Achuum went down, and all that was visible in the room was the dull light of the furnace.
“Not any more it isn't.”

The Toa Nuva shot through the air on their way to the island of Destral. Tahu sighed. They had not stopped talking since they had left the island. However, several considerable, but insignificant fights had ensued. But they were good fights, mock ones. They only served to bring the team closer together. Gali, Lewa- Who always stuck close by to Gali -and Onua had stayed together, while Pohatu, and Kopaka had talked most of the time.
Although Tahu had sometimes joined the conversations of Pohatu and Kopaka, but mostly he had sat back and watched. Or, to be more specific, sat back, watched and thought. He had never been to Destral, even after the Makuta had taken over, and he had hoped never to go.
But Fate always worked against him.
Tahu flipped his swords and looked at the horizon. They were almost there. Except for the seaweed, and despite the lack of Makuta, the island still held a powerful sense of foreboding, like you were a sailing ship and it was a wind twister. It felt like the island was about to pluck your body from the sky and crush it in its grasp.
All talking ceased instantly, as the island entered the view. Silence was best in this situation.
Onua's thoughts reeled, So this is the island's initial position on Mata-Nui!
It was fascinating, because Destral held eye-level island teleportation technology. Their island literally had warp gates which would follow the island wherever it went. So, if you had a warp gate on Visorak, then you could go from Visorak to Destral no matter where the latter might be. But the warp gates were gone now. When Makuta had taken over, even the others of his kind suffered innumerably.
They probably suffered more.
Now, Destral was a floating graveyard, ominous, but dead. Or so the Toa hoped.
The prospect of their ancient nemesis, the Makuta, or perhaps even THE Makuta, whom they had fought for most of their early Toa lives returning, did not appeal to them. It was also that they feared their enemy would never die, that there would be no way possible to ever defeat him. The undying foe who would never stop tormenting them.
“Here we are,” Gali said
Tahu used his Mask of Speed and shot ahead of the rest. He then wheeled around to face them, and they all stopped. They hovered in the air in front of him, waiting for him to speak.
“We have travelled far to reach this place. If what we find is that the Makuta have returned, we must face it. Together. Even if all but one Toa in this world fell, that's one being who believes that his Toa friends will return. Are you ready?”
Bleak-faced nods met his comment, but he flew in so that they were in a circle. Their arms wheeled back in one motion, and clashed together, sending sparks flying. Lewa smiled.
“Gali and Onua shall go together. Kopaka and I shall be a team, and Pohatu and Lewa will be the final group. Search the island, leave nothing untouched. If there are Makuta, run. If you can't, then signal for us to leave. Which is a sphere of elemental energy,” Tahu ordered.
Onua smiled “Send it out and we'll come running towards it!” They all got into their separate groups and flew out. Gali and Onua reached the island first.
“Sister,” Onua began, “Above, below, or straight. Your choice.”
Gali glanced right, where a dark street sat. Then she turned left, where a sinister building made of dark metal and having a gate in the shape of Makuta's mask.
“I don't care, as long as we don't go left,” she said
“I think Turaga Matau would agree with you.”
She smiled “Yes, I do believe he would.”
Onua stopped, and then decided “Straight it is, then.” Compliantly, Gali followed. They walked forward and took care to observe their surroundings. There was first a small alley-like street, which was surrounded on both sides by towering grey buildings. The thoroughfare opened out into a four-way. Ahead was a huge building with a small metal door.
Gali began to walk right, but the firm hand of Onua clasped her shoulder. She turned and he beckoned for her to follow. He walked up to the door, and wiped the dust from the sign on it. Matoran script was on it.
“Scientific testing lab,” Onua read aloud, but quietly. He grasped the door, and began to pull. His mask glowed, and suddenly he felt his energy being taken from him. Gali smacked him with her Midak Skyblaster, knocking him away from the door.
“Agh!” Onua complained, “That door tried to absorb my energy. The only time I've felt that was when...........,” his voice trailed off.
“When you were attacked by the Vorahk, yes. I'm sure that they imbued the door with that power.”
Slightly angered, Onua said “I'd like to see a door with the power to withstand this!” He pulled his Midak Skyblaster down from the shoulder mount and held it out.
“If anything is on Destral, then it will be in here,” Gali said. They took three steps back and aimed their Skyblasters. Silently, they fired, and the door exploded out of the other side. Onua stepped forward and looked into the door.
“What is it?” Gali asked
Onua's voice echoed upwards “Just a long, spiralling staircase.”
Gali stepped forward, and pushed past Onua. It was time to get going. They walked up the black staircase, but within a full revolution, it was too dark to see ahead, and for an odd reason the walls could not be felt. To solve this, Gali sent water around the walls and staircase to reflect light from outside. It was not much, but it was enough to let them see the tunnel. The dim light lit it eerily. They walked up the stairs for an hour before finally seeing another light.
Onua took out his quakebreakers, and Gali her aqua hooks. They walked up and were surprised to find that there was only a hole leading to the top of the building. They let their moving battle stance drop and they both walked to separate corners of the roof. Onua stared in amazement.
“What in Mata-Nui's name?” he gasped, looking over the edge “We're on another island!”
And it was true, because around them lay thousands of buildings. It was an island entirely based on the Makuta science. But there was something else. The island had been ransacked. Several buildings had even fallen over, crushing the building in their path. The streets were filled with a strange looking gas. It was sheer horror.
Then, a hiss which curdled the blood came out.
It was a Rahkshi.
The hiss came from the hatch, and they were battle ready when a horror burst out of the hole.
It was huge and black, and its description only fit that of what Pohatu had described as as Kraata-Kal. This one hissed, loudly, and then, from its mouth came a huge black sphere. It headed straight for Onua, but he dodged it, When it hit, a type of black crystal formed.
Onua recognized it “Eighth stage Kraata,” he said, “bad. Any plan suggestions?”
“Er, Tahtorak, in the North Continent?” Gali recommended
“No, Rahkshi would be too small,” Onua responded, closely dodging a blast.
“How about Kahgarak, on Visorak?” She advised
“Sounds.......Good.”
When they had invaded the island of Visorak closely after the fall of Makuta searching for the last of his lairs, they had gotten into a battle with a Kahgarak. So as to keep themselves out of the Dark Dimension, they had Lewa run to a cliff, and when the Kahgarak had almost caught him, he would fly off, levitating below. Then, when the spider reached the edge of the cliff, they had blasted the chunk of cliff which it had been standing on, sending it hurtling into the ground below.
The same would work for this, except that Onua would use earth to sustain him instead of a Mask of Levitation. Mockingly, Onua stepped back over to the edge, making it appear accidental. Then, he tripped off. It worked, and the Rahkshi lunged forwards. It realized what was happening, but it was too late, Gali fired her water, blowing the piece off of the tower. Seconds later, Onua came back up.
“Did you make sure it's gone?” Gali asked.
“Yes, I did, and it is gone.” Onua said, “It's time to go back through that odd portal, there's nothing here.”
Gali looked considerably relieved. He walked first into the tunnel, and she followed down after him. They walked an hour again, and when they reached the bottom, he realized that the door was closed.
Yet I don't remember closing it, he thought. It was odd, but he opened the door none-the-less.
Behind it, was not Destral.
Behind it, was another science building.
“Gali,” Onua said, “Wherever we are, we're stuck here.”

Gaaduhk sat comfortably by the water side. He preformed what he had been doing, which was absorbing all of the electricity from the air that he could. When he was done, he would then stand, and move to a different place. He had been doing this for hours, and though progress was slow, it was something to do.
Given her element, Adreana had sat by the water for all of five minutes before she glowed blue with energy. Then, she had politely offered to looked for the Airship to come. After those hours, his body was brightly burning with energy. If the Dark Hunters had been looking, as opposed to fixing all of the damage that he had caused, then he would have been easy to find.
He glowed so hot, that where he stepped, the grass became charred and black. He would do this until Adreana came, which was not long.
“Gaaduhk!” she cried, dashing towards him, “They've got an airship in port! They're loading a huge metal box onto it!”
Gaaduhk stood up, and began to walk “Good,” he said, “Cause' I'm ready for them!”

Pohatu and Lewa walked down in the guts of Destral, and let it be said that there could be no guts without blood.
Steaming.
Blazing.
Glowing.
“Stinking LAVA PIPES!” Pohatu complained.
“I don't like-want it any more than you like-want it, but your talk-complaints won't make it cooler,” Lewa said
“Okay, but why does Destral need lava, or are they trying to burn their intruders to death? And come on, it's not like the legions of Visorak, Exo-Toa suits and Rahkshi weren't enough,”
Lewa sighed and sent a small tornado in motion around himself. This did two things, it cooled himself and Pohatu, and drowned out Pohatu's complaints. They walked further down the tunnels, which could have been mistaken as black tubes, without the lava pipes at least. Their walk ended abruptly as a hug monolithic protosteel door blocked their way.
Lewa stopped the storm “How do we quick-breach this door?”
Pohatu walked over through it, and touched the door, sending waves of power shooting through it. After a minute, he stopped touching it and said “If we're planning on breaching it, there will be no 'quick' about it. That's for sure. This wall is over two Bios thick. Nothing is going to get through that quickly.”
“Could you hard-smash it?”
“Yes, but it wouldn't be quick.”
“Do it then. It's our best shot.”
“Alrighty then. Wall, time to make room for Toa Pohatu!” Pohatu wheeled back and slammed into the thick wall. After ten minutes, he pierced the wall and began to tear out pieces of protosteel. Before long, a good pile had gathered, of scrap pieces of protosteel. However, after a long hour passed, Pohatu had only succeeded in making a slightly semi-spherical shape in the metal. It was at least one Bio thick, and jagged edges jutted off the insides. Pohatu sat back and rested. He took several long, heavy breaths, and then pushed the crude pile of metal shards over to one side of the wall.
“Okay,” Pohatu said, still breathing heavily, “Lewa, I need you to move aside. Oh, and close your ears, this is going to be loud.”
Pohatu stood back, formed his two climbing claws into a Kolhi ball, and turned his arm back.
Okay, he thought, Never tried this before. Probably won't again, but what the heck.
Using his Mask of Speed he thrust his arm forward, letting go so that the Kolhi ball made a perfect arch straight into the wall, ripping a magnificent chunk straight out of it. Lewa smiled from his sitting position not far away. Pohatu would have smiled, had the velocity of the ball not sent him face-first into the red sand which covered the floor of the tunnel. He sat up, still spitting sand from his mouth. Lewa laughed, good-naturedly.
“Hack! Not pulling that one again!” Pohatu exclaimed, retrieving his claws.
Pohatu frowned, seeing that he had yet to make a hole all the way through. He sighed “But it looks like I'll have to.”
He turned his arm back and sent it flying forward, but at the last moment, he heard a large clanking noise, and he didn't let go. So, along with the ball, Pohatu Nuva crashed straight into the wall, face first, making a clang.
“Hope you didn't make a dent.......In the wall,” Lewa laughed, heartily.
Pohatu stumbled away, and his mask was horribly askew. He turned it right and looked through the eyeholes “What was that clanking noise?”
Suddenly, the door began to move up, revealing a room filled with the red sand which had covered the floor.
Lewa took out his Air Katana, carefully looking down at the sand and said “I've got a bad-wrong idea about this.”
The room was made out of the same protosteel as the door had been. Three glass canisters sat on each side of the room, left and right. They were all filled with a blue fluid and each had two tube running out of the top, carrying the fluid up into the ceiling.
“And this is where Kopaka actually helps us. With so many shadows, how do we see where the enemy is?”
Then, a twisted voice, like that of a snake's hiss, curled around the corners of the room “Always look carefully in the shadows, Toa.....”
“Um, I don't terribly like how he said the word Toa. Sounds like he hates us.”
“I doooooo....,” the voice responded
“Well isn't that good-nice to know!” Lewa exclaimed. Pohatu and him got back-to-back, turning in a circle. They listened for the voice, but the voice came from all four corners of the room. They looked for the voice, but they only saw Shadows.
“Show yourself!” Pohatu said. It was about the boldest sentence that he commonly spoke, and often it ended off with an uncomfortable battle.
“But you already see me. I stand by the back wall,” it said. Instantly, Pohatu and Lewa wheeled to face the back wall. “And the right wall, and the front, and the back. I am in the Shadows, try and see me now!!!”
Pohatu and Lewa faced the back wall still, and waited, until two triangular, glowing, red eyes- Like that of Makuta's, but not somehow -opened up. The body around it was incoherent, only the glowing eyes could be seen. Quickly, a tall body walked out. Pohatu's eyes widened.
“A Kraata-Kal!” he exclaimed, “But there was only one of you! How can there be two!?!”
The Kraata-Kal laughed, a creeping, hideous sound “Oh, but there are more then two, even. Many more then two. Last I checked there were ninety-five......And counting!”
“But.....But......How?!?”
“I don't much care how they're grow-making more, let's stop him!” Lewa exclaimed.
The Kraata-Kal laughed again, something which Pohatu truly wished him to stop. “How....Overzealous, Toa. Nothing so puny as you can stop us. You see the red sand upon the floor, that is a creature which was overlooked by the wrath of Makuta. When we awoke just before Makuta's fall, we were forced to destroy it. We shall lay you out on the floor like we did with it. And also, just try to destroy me! My armour is made out of the thickest protosteel. It is not so easily shattered. Unlike the two of you!!!”
Suddenly, its mouth dropped open, and the Kraata inside began to glow, and then pulse entrancingly. Lewa leaped out of the way, clenching his eyes tightly.
“Pohatu! Quick-shut your eyes!!” Lewa yelled, but Pohatu was already thoroughly entranced with the pale light. Suddenly, the light disappeared. Lewa looked up, and turned to see that the Kraata had stopped glowing. Then, a huge, liquid blast of darkness lashed out of the open jaws, slamming head on into Pohatu, knocking him over. Lewa dashed over, and was horrified to see a huge, crystalline, black piece frozen above Pohatu's heartlight. He then looked at the membrain and saw the veins begin to turn black.
“We are all eighth stage Kraata,” the Kraata-Kal explained, “Now, Toa, join us before your fate becomes as his. I can sense the darkness in you. It is dying, an old infection left from the wound many years ago, but it is there. Let it grow and flourish. Take you friend and become like us.”
Lewa's eyes widened, and he cried out “No!! No, I'll never do it, I'd rather long-die!”
“Then do!” then, the Kraata-Kal pulled out two huge blades and walked slowly towards the two Toa.
Lewa wanted to give in, because the darkness in him was growing. I must stop it! he thought, How can I wrench out the roots of the plague-root inside of me.
He turned and looked into the faintly glowing eyes of Pohatu. Pohatu was his friend. Not the darkness. Then, his Unity overtook his heart, his Duty overtook his mind, and his Destiny overtook his soul.
Lewa stood up, and the passion which only could come from the heart of an Air Toa sat there, burning brightly “STOP!!!” then using the power of his mind and elemental energy, he summoned the wind to grab the metal from the pile and let it float. Lewa got down on the right knee, and faced the Rahkshi. A certain glow came to his eye “Speak no more.”
Then, the metal shot forth, ploughing in a straight line, before they struck the Kraata-Kal, piercing its armour and pinning it to the wall. All it could do was hiss.
Lewa grabbed Pohatu by the shoulders and locked his Air Katana on his shoulders. Then he said “Air-Wings! Wind-Fly!” and he shot off at lightning speeds down the tunnel and up. The Kraata-Kal sat laughing, horribly.
“Poor little thing,” said the Kraata-Kal, “Doesn't it realize that it's already too late!”
Meanwhile, Lewa burst out of the underground tunnel and began to call out “TAHU!!! KOPAKA!!! HELP!!!”
After a few minutes of this, he stopped, and heard something. It was, but a faint whisper in the air, but it was something.
What Lewa heard was “Kopaka! Watch out! Quick Tahu, let's go!”
“Oh, dear, it looks like our ice-brother and fire-brother have found the Kraata-Kal too.”
Only seconds later, Tahu and Kopaka burst from a black coloured building. Tahu wheeled around and sent fire from his sword, fusing the feet of the Kraata-Kal which had just entered the doorway to the metal ground. Lewa worked to drag Pohatu's limp body towards his Toa brothers.
“Tahu! Kopaka! Pohatu was bad-shot by a Kraata-Kal!” Tahu and Kopaka saw Lewa and rushed straight over to him.
“What happened?” Tahu questioned
“The Kraata was eighth stage. It fired and got Pohatu. It will only be hours before our Toa-Brother is a Toa of Shadow. Where are Gali and Onua. We have to warn them.”
“I'm afraid we don't have time, Lewa,” Kopaka lamented, “we must leave now.”
“Uh, I don't think we can leave now,” Tahu said, standing, “Look at the sky!!”
From the sky, Kraata-Kal were flying in from every direction. Kopaka, Pohatu, and Lewa formed a circle around Pohatu.
“Get ready, brothers,” Tahu said, “because the time for battle is now!”

Gaaduhk and Adreana rushed for the airship, and watched the boat begin to load the item. The box which Adreana had spoken of was huge, and Gaaduhk knew exactly what was in it.
Surely it is the Mech of Metru-Nui, he thought, But where are they sending it, and why?
“Adreana, where is that box going?” Gaaduhk asked
“I don't know, stranger,” Adreana responded
Gaaduhk sighed “Why must you call me stranger always?”
“Because, to me, you're still a stranger. And I to you. Now, pay attention. We can't miss this. Run towards it in three, two one, GO!”
Adreana burst out of the shrubbery in which they had been hiding in and dashed for the ship. Gaaduhk hesitated for a moment only. What if he was found?
Well, he reassured himself, if they do find me, then I'm ready for them!
With that, Gaaduhk burst out of his hiding place, leaving smoking black footprints in the grassy ground. He burst towards the airship which was undocking. Adreana had already made it on, and she hung to the side opposite of the one facing the dock. At the edge of the deserted dock, Gaaduhk leaped into the air, and hoped that he could catch the side of the airship. But the power of his leap was unprecedented for one reason alone.
The power of electromagnetism.
He slammed into the side of the hull, denting it. His vision began to blur. There was but one thing he could do.
But I can't. It mustn't be the only way. But I shall, because it is.
He cringed, and then he sent himself rocketing through the wires of the ship. He made several revolutions before he magnetized himself dizzily to the back of the ship. He looked out at open sea, and realized that he was going on a journey which would help him do the only thing he cared about anymore.
Getting revenge.

Continued in, THE BATTLE!

Coming soon, the conclusion the Onua's and Gali's adventures, in SCIENCE OF DARKNESS!

Also coming soon, an all new adventure with all new Toa and and all new enemies. Don't miss, VENGEANCE OF A TOA!
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!