Vote on your favorite BIONICLE topics.

The LEGO Movie (2014)

Feb 9 2014, 04:06 AM #1

What did you think of the movie?

Total votes: 7
6(86%)
1(14%)
0(0%)

I've got to see The LEGO Movie today, and I thought it was fantastic! I felt that someone stole my trend. Because they used key words, such as "awesome" and "dream" I use a lot in my job interviews, friends, and family :P.

I just find it AWESOME that it isn't your traditional Disney (predictable) movie, and it sort of makes fun of other kids movies for doing that sort of thing.

[Possible spoiler below]

Loved the scene where Emmett went on to discover "the other world" when he went through that mysterious portal from the LEGO world to real world. It gives it that "realistic" approach how the toy story folklore of things should be.

Feb 9 2014, 07:09 PM #2

Avoiding the spoiler part, not sure if I'll see the theater version or wait for blue ray. At least one moment was spoiled in a non LEGO news site's post, so maybe I should see it before it gets spoiled left and right for me.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

Feb 9 2014, 07:40 PM #3

Adrninistrator @ Feb 9 2014, 07:09 PM wrote: Avoiding the spoiler part, not sure if I'll see the theater version or wait for blue ray. At least one moment was spoiled in a non LEGO news site's post, so maybe I should see it before it gets spoiled left and right for me.
Oh it is well worth seeing in theaters! Just the reaction from the audience (aka mostly children), cracks me up. Also I am going to see it again this weekend! There supposed to be some hidden references here and there throughout the movie.

Feb 14 2014, 08:32 AM #4

I will watch it.I've been waiting for a Lego Movie for years!

Btw (by the way) nice avatar Matoro :)

''Golyo after the Great Cataclism!''

Mar 2 2014, 08:13 AM #6

Ninja @ Mar 1 2014, 08:25 PM wrote:
Matoro @ Feb 9 2014, 07:40 PM wrote: There supposed to be some hidden references here and there throughout the movie.
I've heard that there's a BIONICLE cameo in the movie, but I don't know if it's true.
There is, but it happens in a brief second, showing all 6 toa mata. It is one of those silly easter eggs.

Mar 10 2014, 01:18 AM #7

Just saw it last night, not sure what to say about it. I had a hect of a time trying to figure out if it was CG or stop motion. I'm guessing much of the environment was actually built and filmed with the characters animated over it. If everything was CG, that was impressive work.

I was hoping the Toa Mata reference would be something like digging up a toa mask and tossing it asside, or anything else a little less absolutley obvious, but its nice to see they didn't completely ignore the line. Too bad a certain yellow vehicle got dumbed down for the official set version, the movie version would make for a great ultimate collectors edition...but at least we DO get another sandcrawler -_-
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

Jul 18 2014, 01:58 AM #8

SO good. Probably more in touch with the generation just after me than my own (kids 6 - 12 now), but honestly us 2000s kids were kind of depressing anyway...great movie though. Definitely LEGO's most impressive effort.
Searching for AOTY 2014.

Apr 20 2016, 05:32 AM #9

Definitely a good movie, and definitely easier to watch than the old Bionicle movies, for example. They already feel pretty cheesy and dated, but I feel like this one will be easier to enjoy and laugh at in a decade from now.
I used to post here a lot when I was a kid. I still love Lego!

Apr 21 2016, 01:44 AM #10

I think that is an accurate assessment. I know the Bionicle movies have been released in select theaters, but I don't think they were ever truly intended for them. When The LEGO Company decided to put this together as a theater quality film, they gave it more attention than any of their other movie productions.

I wonder if the quality and feel of the Bionicle movies would have been better overall if they put the same attention into it. I guess it would have been hard to do them in the same way since The LEGO Movie was a self contained story versus on spread out across so many forms of media with an established plot to pick parts from.