The Revolving Door: Hello, I'm New/I'm Back

Ask questions and provide feedback about Mask Of Destiny here.

The Revolving Door: Hello, I'm New/I'm Back

09 Mar 2017, 05:39 #1

Hey, Mask of Destiny! I'm Dallior, and I'm your new robot overlord. (wait, we didn't have the budget for that? Ugh.) Well, apparently, the only position MoD had open was doorman. So I guess that'll do.

Hey, Mask of Destiny! I'm Dallior, and I'm your new doorman. Basically, if any of y'all are new members, returning members (or already existing members really; this is brand-new as of Mar. 2017), feel free to leave a little something here, like who ya are, where you're from, your credit card and Social Security numbers... all that jazz!

Thanks for playing along with my little jape, and I'll see you on the forums!
One of the original seven of the Kanohi Force.

Long live Good Guy.

09 Mar 2017, 18:50 #3

also I write fanfiction and might get around to doing LDD MoCs & other stuff.

that is all.

10 Mar 2017, 01:58 #4

yo. I'm Serein, AKA Scythey, AKA Ryuujin, AKA a billion other things. I'm an admin on MoD's (former) sister site tTH and I've had an account here for a while but haven't used it much. heard this place was starting to pick up in activity again and decided to pop in and say hi.

10 Mar 2017, 03:11 #5

Former?

Wait a minute...

*checks forum listings*

I do not recall removing the link to The Titans Hangout. I'm guessing Jeremy did that thinking it was old content when he was trying to tinker/improve the site layout. Now that I think about it he must have added BIONICLE Storyline, when that probably falls under multimedia?

I'll see about digging that link up and at the very least link it to a stickied topic, are you guys still active to some degree? I apologize about any confusion on this.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

10 Mar 2017, 03:26 #6

tTH is still somewhat active off and on, albeit in a different iteration from what was once linked here. at the time of the MoD-tTH partnership we had re-branded the site into a purely off-topic forum, to act as a counterpart to MoD's Lego-centric approach. we've since returned it to being primarily Bionicle-based, although with a larger emphasis on off-topic discussion than most Bionicle forums.

if you'd like to re-link tTH to MoD you're more than welcome to. here's the link, but be aware that it's now technically a Bionicle site again. I might approach the other remaining tTH admins about reviving the old off-topic version, though.

10 Mar 2017, 03:56 #7

Gotcha, I'll figure something out with it later I hope.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

10 Mar 2017, 22:18 #8

sounds good. I feel like the partnership between MoD and tTH would potentially be beneficial for both of us, it just seems a bit redundant to me if both sites are Lego-focused. I'm mulling over the idea of closing the Lego subforums on the current iteration on tTH and rebranding it as an off-topic site again, if you'd prefer that I do so.

BFG

13 Mar 2017, 02:53 #9

Thought I should say hi? I feel almost positive I made an ancient, dusty account here a long, long time ago. But I can't remember any details about it at all.

My girlfriend picked out my display name, and she's the one who brought up MoD to me and I was surprised it was still around -- I haven't heard the name in years. But since there's a bit more activity, I figured I may as well introduce myself, yeah?

Soooo hi c:

I might post around a bit from time to time, I generally get a bit bored and need something to tide me over for a little while and it's kind of nice to go back into Bionicle/LEGO stuff. Might even prompt me to MOC more or something, who knows.

28 Mar 2017, 14:09 #10

Yo Dallior. Welcome Mr. Doorman.

I'm Baxor, though I've gone by Kessen, Onua, Nobelman Onua, Onua39, and Psi in the past. I've got an inactive account on BZP, and that's about it.

Cool to see people coming back who've been here before, though.

Welcome Welcome!
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!

08 Oct 2017, 00:19 #11

Hello, anyone who may be there.

I'm takuaE3. I used to visit this place a long, long time ago. I'm not quite old enough to remember Purple Dave; I think I signed up for the forum early in 2006.

I'm glad to find we have working forums again, even if it's a little like a ghost town. I trust Imatron is still running the place in his understanding way. I'm surprised and amused to find that the current top news story is a retrospective that includes things I reported 11 years ago.

I hope to do some catching up on Bionicle, and hopefully get into some discussions.

09 Oct 2017, 00:34 #12

Thank you once more for your support all those years ago.

The Retro News was actually forum member Matoro's idea some years back. He suggested doing a daily recap of news on the anniversary it was reported to celebrate.

The stories turned out to be getting a good number of views, so I kept at it, though I switched from reporting every article on it's anniversary day to reporting them as a group article three times a month.