The Vahi

For all things BIONICLE that don't fit into the other forums.

The Vahi

May 7 2016, 08:33 PM #1

The Vahi (or Mask of Time, as it has yet to overtly be called, 'the Vahi'), is one of the most interesting parts of Gen 2. It seems to be the central connector to Gen 1. It was always a bit of a mystery (at least to me) as to why it was always so small (only covering half the face).

I bought a while back the first Gen 2 graphic novel, and it contained the fascinating info that, the Mask of Time in this universe is the top half of the mask, whereas (it is implied), the bottom half is from Gen 1.

What do you guys think about this? Also, what is your opinion about the significance of the Toa NUva symbols on the Uniter Toa? We haven't talked much about Gen 2, and so, I'm interested to see what you're thinking.
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!

May 9 2016, 04:23 PM #2

The Nuva symbols could merely be a reference for older fans that they used to help attract their attention, but maybe they are being used with the plan to have them be a bigger part of the story later.

Also, the idea of the Vahi being half a mask was introduced later on in the G1 story wasn't it? I always thought they originally made it like that to add to it's unique appearance (or to make it even cheaper to produce and include with the canceled PC game?)

It would certainly be interesting if the G1 and G2 universes were bridged together with two versions of the Vahi, but I have been thinking they were two separate universes and not two separate timelines, so in would be interesting to see how they might do that with the story.

As for G1 being the lower half and the G2 being the upper half of the same mask, I wonder if there will be G2 Vahi that actually combines with the G1, or if they will produce two parts of the new mask that combine to form the true version and release them in two different sets?
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

May 10 2016, 06:40 PM #3

It's official as of the 2nd Graphic novel. They reveal another Vahi, the top half, and actually call it the Vahi.
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!