Unexpected Forum Migration

Discuss news posted on Mask Of Destiny's front page.

Unexpected Forum Migration

Jan 14 2018, 01:37 AM #1

Your probably just as surprised as I am, as I woke up a few days ago to find the invisionfree forums missing and replaced with a Tapatalk missing page error. It seems invisionfree is now owned by another company and they have been gradually migrating users off of the discontinued platform to one of a few other options. The first correspondence I received from tapatalk about the migration was AFTER it was already in progress, which makes it hard to take advantage of migrating to one of the other platforms than the default "Tapatalk" that were offered.

I just have to hope Tapatalk is an upgrade to invisionfree.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

Jan 19 2018, 01:28 AM #2

This platform looks about a decade newer.  Unfortunately, that was the decade in which pop-up sign-up boxes were invented.

Other than that, it seems to mostly work.

Feb 2 2018, 09:31 PM #3

Yeah, I was quite surprised myself coming on today again.  Not surprised that InvisionFree got bought out.  I made a (now long-dead) forum on it a number of years ago and had noticed it was two whole years since they'd updated anything significant.  But yeah, hope it's an improvement. 
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!