Video Of My Brick Universe 2017 Display

Post your BIONICLE MOCs here.

Video Of My Brick Universe 2017 Display

11 Apr 2017, 03:31 #1

News link

I hope to have more photos up soon, particularly of the Bionicle MOCs from other exhibitors.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

12 Apr 2017, 12:28 #2

Imatron @ Apr 11 2017, 03:31 AM wrote: News link

I hope to have more photos up soon, particularly of the Bionicle MOCs from other exhibitors.
Looks awesome!

A few stuck out to me: The first one, the black one with the spiny appendages; the enormously clever use of the Mahri boxes; the red and gold titan two down from the black Mahri box; the other red-gold titan with the blocky arms; and, of course, that giant platform thingy.

Now, to specify, was all of that yours? Regardless, it was all fantastic.
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!

12 Apr 2017, 22:51 #3

Everything on the table is mine.

The first one with the spines is a Makuta I built. Not much story to go with him yet though. Aside from the bladess and the head/eyepiece holding the mask of shadows, hes entirely black to help give him a shadowed look. I tried to use some sections of ball joint tentacles to reinforce him, and kind of give him a mutated look.

I've been using the mahri frames for a while, I still have two green frames to use up on something. Probably the first frame I used was the boat or the Easter basket. If I had taken the video I would have shown off some of the moving functions the mahri frames (and other MOCs) have. The masks on the Mahri frame for example, can be spun by turning the black gear to get to other masks. The yellow frame (Which I've dubbed the Evil Containment Unit) with the trans blue canister inside has a gear that moves the yellow clamps out of the way, allowing it to be removed. The blue canister contains a 2x4 black megablock.

The red and gold titan two down from the black mahri box... do you mean the one with the large wheels and the rocks in it's hands and by a leg (about 21 seconds in)? That's actually brown and gold XP. Thats a Rahi species I came up with, and the story goes that the villagers were afraid of them at first because the wheels seemed unnatural. They later developed a sort of symbiotic relationship with the creatures by providing food in exchange for moving heavy loads.

"The blocky armed red titan", that could be "Mr Nibbles" if its the bulkier one near the 30 second mark. That one is a bipedal crab that a matoran kept feeding. In my story, Ussel Crabs can develop into all sorts of shapes as they grow. The matoran kept making it dance on it's hind legs, which eventually intertwined and fused into larger thicker legs to stand on them better. The heat of the Ta Wahi region kind of cooked his shell, which turned the armor plates red as he got bigger and bigger. On the MOC, if his arms are positioned right, his mouth can be opened and Zamor "crab treats" can be put in his mouth, where they roll down into the arms which are Zamor Launchers.

The other red titan I'm thinking of is toward the end of the video, that one is currently unnamed, but has a feature I've been wanting to use. His arms have chain hooks that retract into his arms.

The giant platform thingy, does that have the little red guy hanging on the chain/rope ladder? Thats my "Armored Matoran Carrier". its been rebuilt with different legs and door mechanisms, but its basically an armored walking vehicle.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

21 May 2017, 00:28 #4

Awesome! I feel compelled now to buy one of those ebay lots of BIONICLE pieces for MoC'ing now. I hate taking apart my other stuff, but I really am starting to enjoy MoC'ing, and that table shows what some experience can do :D

Armoured Matoran Carrier is probably my favorite, with the Rahi spiecies a close second, and Mr. Nibbles third (love the name, by the way). Also, your backstory behind the Rahi spiecies reminded me about a question I've had for a while: have you written down any of your epics? I've always gotten the impression that you have a world and such, but never really seen any posts you've made about it. Or is it just your head-cannon?
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!