Why is this forum not active anymore?

Ask questions and provide feedback about Mask Of Destiny here.

Why is this forum not active anymore?

26 Sep 2015, 16:48 #1

Just asking.And hello to all the people here!

''Golyo after the Great Cataclism!''

27 Sep 2015, 02:37 #2

It's a number of things, particularly that other forms of social media like Facebook, Google plus, twitter, etc have taken over the domain that forums used to occupy. Using Facebook and etc is kind of like having an account with everyone, so forums start to look antiquated when you have to have individual accounts for each one. Philip wants the site to continue and get updates so we can also use these forms of media, but it's not easy to keep in contact with him these past years.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

27 Sep 2015, 09:48 #3

Oh...But cant we really advertise the forum?

''Golyo after the Great Cataclism!''

28 Sep 2015, 01:44 #4

I think the best way to advertise the site is just to get as much news up as we can. In particular, featuring MOCs from our forum members, fan fictions, and etc is usually the best way to get ourselves noticed by people using search engines. One way you can help directly is juts to build custom creations and ask me to check it out and post it on the news.

I have mental illness and some physical problems, not to mention work, so its hard for me to do all that on my own. What I really need are spotters who can send me emails, PM's etc, with interesting news they find around the web. If I can get people to send me stuff I can usually work with that to get more news online, and from that, more readers and potential forum members.

Of course, with social media in it's prime, the best bet would be to get social media login integration and etc with the site and forums.
Please keep text and images well managed so they do not become an eyesore, and please only quote or talk about others in your signiture if its alright with the member you are talking about. Want your work featured on our front page? Post it in my to do list!

15 Jan 2016, 19:14 #5

Why not do a podcast? We'd have to work out a few kinks, but if I get the time, I'd be happy to host. If we can put the podcast on ITunes for free, it might help the site's popularity, especially now that BIONICLE is back. Even so, we could still advertise it as a Lego/BIONICLE podcast. Eh, just an idea.
I'll twist hakann's head so far he can stare himself in the eye
-Vezok

'Yo, yo Piraka' is still alive!!!